Latest patch, it's not available to purchase in Marihi's store nor it's in the locked chest. Any ideas? I start with predefined history. My earlier playthrough that starts with predefined history has the armor in Marihi's store.

Edited by Archaven

Which predefined history? The Devil of Caroc must have died in your history in order to get the Breastplate. If you chose a history where she didn't die you won't get it. OR it's a newly introduced bug (wouldn't be the first time).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Why not make a custom history that is 100% guaranteed to spawn the breastplate? Saves you the guessing game.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Let her kill Harmke.

It was "spare harmke" as far as i know.

Sparing Harmke makes her walk into the sea in the end.

No, you have that backwards. She only achieves peace if you kill Harmke. If she spares him, she goes back to being a loony serial killer and eventually gets torn apart by the mob.

There was a bug where the breastplate appeared if you sacrificed her. I have no idea if it's been fixed.

[insert repeated plea to make the breastplate show up if she walked into the sea, since this is a game taking place on that exact same sea.]

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Spare Harmke = bad ending for DoC = get the breastplate.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Whoa I'm confused... spare... kill... Which does what? :)

I used the benevolent history last time and got the Breastplate. Can't say what happend with Harmke in that predefined history though.

So you didnt import a save consider you have 4K hours :p

Makes sense that the benevolent solution means to spare Harmke - hence I got the Breastplate.

It's a bit odd, because in the context of the first game, it was sort of a twist. "Yeah, it turns out not helping DoC get closure and avenge the murder of her family meant she went crazy and got torn apart by the mob. Better luck next time!" I liked it a lot, personally.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Makes sense that the benevolent solution means to spare Harmke - hence I got the Breastplate.

It's a bit odd, because in the context of the first game, it was sort of a twist. "Yeah, it turns out not helping DoC get closure and avenge the murder of her family meant she went crazy and got torn apart by the mob. Better luck next time!" I liked it a lot, personally.

Devil of Caroc has to be the best character ever made. Should have been a full companion with tons of interactions and stuff. The DLC guys all fell kinda flat in terms of actually showing personality :/ (besides the hillarious dialogue with the guy who built her)

Best background story ever made tho, ez , not even close.

Im still in love :(:)

Edited by Zelse

i need to restart my character due to no breastplate :(.

If you've already invested a lot of time in this character, why not use the Unity Console to give yourself the breastplate instead?

Edited by AndreaColombo

i need to restart my character due to no breastplate :(.

If you've already invested a lot of time in this character, why not use the Unity Console to give yourself the breastplate instead?

not quite sizeable.. just level 10 though. is ok.. i'm changing from seer to transcendant :). ps. is there a list of console command for me to do that?

Edited by Archaven

If you use the Unity Console mod, you can just search a list of items to find what you want and hit a button to make it appear in your inventory, all the while keeping achievements enabled ;) You can download it from the Nexus

Edited by AndreaColombo