What's up, gang? (Sorry, I just didn't want to say 'Hey guys' again, it's become sort of my default greeting whenever I make a new post)

So I finally have a build sorted out for my Wizard/Monk, and now I'm just trying to figure out what gear I want to use for him. This is what I have in mind right now. 

Weapon: 'Citzal's Spirit Lance'/Chronoprismatic Quarterstaff (Endgame), Dual Scepters for early/mid game. 

Basically, the summoned weapon 'Citzal's Spirit Lance' will be my main method of dealing damage for the endgame because of its foe AoE burst (Scales with INT) and the fact that I can use it at range with Instruments of Pain at max level (So, basically it becomes a ten meter long exploding poke-stick of death). Chronoprismatic Quarterstaff is for additional power levels to all of my elemental spells when I want to rain down fire/frost on people. 

Armor: ???

I'm honestly not sure what armor would be best for this, because there aren't really a lot of good robes in this game unfortunately. Spider Silk Robe would be really good to have for endgame/DLC content, but other than that I might just stick with a generic Fine/Exceptional/Superb robe. 

Rings: Kuaru's Prize/Chameleon's Touch

+1 Intellect/+1 Dexterity and +1 Intellect/+1 Perception, as well as the double skill bonus granted by Chameleon's Touch seems like a great choice. Plus, 5% damage with spells. 

Neck: Precognition, Stone of Power

Gloves: Firethrower's Gloves

Belt: ??? 

Not sure

Boots: ???

Not sure

Basically, I'm kind of indecisive about armor, belt, and boots right now, so any good caster suggestions would be welcome. 

Miscreant's Leather, Devil's Breastplate, or Swift Hunter's Garb. You want the least amount of recovery possible and all of those are under +20%.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If you are frontline you should use devil of caroc plate

If you are mid/ use another tank to take aggro and you are just sometimes in melee miscreant's or gipon prudesco is best

If you avoid melee like the plague you can use 0% robe like spider silk or Skaen Effigy's Husk

Personally I find DoC’s breastplate a rad wasted on casters as its bonus to resource pools does not apply to spells. I’d rather use Miscreant’s Leathers in conjunction with Nalvi, Abraham, or Cutthroat Cosmo.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Personally I find DoC’s breastplate a rad wasted on casters as its bonus to resource pools does not apply to spells. I’d rather use Miscreant’s Leathers in conjunction with Nalvi, Abraham, or Cutthroat Cosmo.

For party sure a pure wizard dont use all potential of DoC but for a solo pure Wizard probably is the best for have good RD, low penalty to recovery time and good special power when you upgrade. When I have time I go to run a solo pure wizard and I dont think we have in this moment better option. Maybe in some combat with enough levels and/or equip a light armor is better, but DoC is easy to pick when we have low level and we are weak.

True though the OP said the char is a Wiz/Monk build.