Dichotomous Soul can use items! Like the seven bolt from the cloak, the good thing is it doesn't consume the use limit of per rest items.

Last time I tried, in 1.1 iirc, it did not work for me or I was doing something wrong.

Oh ok, so it is already fixed then :p too bad didn’t see it in change log.

Another Monk + “insert build here”

I see a pattern here, do the devs?

Yeah, wish all classes were as good as Monk.

Unfortunately Obsidian's answer will be to make Monk as bad as other classes instead, once they see the pattern.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Another Monk + “insert build here”

I see a pattern here, do the devs?

Monk is a class that at first glance is not so strong, but when u have some knowledge to the game and class, the deeper u dig into the mechanism, the stronger u will found it is. A lot hidden synergy wait there to be explored :)

Instruments of Pain doesn't work well with Wahaī Pōraga: only the "normal" intital single target attack roll is ranged - the circular AoE attack still takes place around you monk. That is an interesting behavior: doing ranged dmg AND melee AoE at the same time. But since the base damage is pretty low it's not really worth it.

This might be intended as the weapon's description says the AoE is centered around the caster:

uPt0rkU.png

I went ahead and reported it anyway so a designer can confirm whether this is what they intended.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well, the additional random targets are chosen from as follow-up from a caster centered AoE "attack" that is, as you shown, to have value of 1.5.

It is a tad difficult to imagine the change resulting from IoP. Will it be adding the range multiplier to the AoE radius (hilarity ensures) or change the attack to behave more like Carnage (AoE centered around target instead of caster) or status quo.

All of these outcome seems... weird. Case 2 might need a re-design of the interaction though

Edited by mosspit

I guess what most people would expect as "logical" is 1.5m radius centered on the primary target, but if that's not what the weapon should be doing, then it isn't :)

• Like 1

Fair point with certain builds with Barbs, but I think a Monk offers superior synergy with Chanter.

Less builds are Barb + class and almost everything optimal (borderline broken) is Monk + class.

Yes, I would prefer buffs to all classes and increase difficulty on POTD. If too much work, simply adjust the outliers.

Depends on play style, I’ve done both and Monk has broken combos, combined with Chanter synergy.

Monk-Chanter was far deadlier for me and out-DPSed my PaliChanter. To be fair, neither suffered a knockout on POTD, but the DPS insanity of Monk was the final decision for me.