Yeah, so the Chill Fog ticks are weapon hits, they're just not melee weapon hits. So they won't trigger passives that require melee weapon hits (or crits), like Enervating Blows. But they do trigger Stunning Shots. This jives with @Haplok's comment about building focus. They also appear to build Resonance stacks for Resonant Touch.

I'm playing around with it in the SSS gul and skeleton trials, where waves of enemies appear. The first wave delivers a chill fog or two. The second produces several more. By the time the third wave arrives, the enemies arrive and are instantly paralyzed and very quickly ground into icy dust by the stacks of chill fog. It is definitely murder on the GPU, though 😄

This feels pretty broken 😉. Notice the Chill Fog in the log triggering interrupts from Stunning Shots. It's mostly irrelevant because they're getting paralyzed at the same time, but other "on weapon hit" passives might be more impactful.

20200802130831_1.thumb.jpg.e1bd8b6f253eb68b681ed58ba236cdc0.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 11:40 PM, try2handing said:

Ok, I know I've been thinking to myself "game's too easy" for a while (playing on veteran), but I just ran into this encounter and I'm pretty tilted right now. Seriously what is the intended level for this encounter?

This is in the Sea-Lashed Crypt area on the Splintered Reef island. You run into something like five or six Fampyrs, each takes ages to kill. Well, not so bad when there's one or two of them, but these guys are accompanied by a dozen Risen Marksmen, who are immune to piercing damage and can dish out some pretty good damage at range. I've run into these enemies before, but it has never been this ridiculous.

My party are at level 17 right now, and the Fampyrs are level 16-17 too. I used some Svef to get immunity to domination, and they cast Arcane Dampener. What the hell am I supposed to do next? And what in the world is the "Drug Crash" effect anyway??? Each Fampyr can actually dominate TWO of your party at the same time. Even when there's only one Fampyr, it's still basically impossible to interrupt their gaze attack for long. They can do this even when paralyzed (how does that even work anyway???). Now there are half a dozen of them.

In this particular area, your movement speed is reduced for some reason (because of the water???). Combined with the web spamming and immobilization attacks, it gets ridiculous pretty fast. Tough encounters are fine as long as reliable counter tools are available, but this is infuriating. What am I supposed to do against these Fampyrs? I have the small shield that I upgraded to give 50% reflect chance against gaze attacks, but it's not that useful since they can spam their gaze attacks over and over. I have exactly three uses of Svef among my party - I have never needed it (or pretty much any consumable) before this point so I don't have it in abundance.

So my question for anyone who has beat this encounter: what was your strategy, exactly?

Ass loads of fire damage. I usually play with multiple wizards to make sure they die. You should also set up those wall of many colors to stop them from charging straight at your squishies.

Boeroer said that chill fog from grave calling is foe only but scapolous said "How I tested: I went to fight Ikorno, who has one Ironclad Construct with him. I killed the construct with Grave Calling, let the Chill Fog drop, then maneuvered my party into it and watched the stacks build to 10 and then paralyze Ikorno: " which sounds like it hit the party.

So is it foe only or not?

I used the imp upgrade because the description says nothing about foe only ( I think, not 100% sure) and the normal chill fog hits everyone so I feared I kill and blind myself faster than the enemy.

1 hour ago, Madscientist said:

Boeroer said that chill fog from grave calling is foe only but scapolous said "How I tested: I went to fight Ikorno, who has one Ironclad Construct with him. I killed the construct with Grave Calling, let the Chill Fog drop, then maneuvered my party into it and watched the stacks build to 10 and then paralyze Ikorno: " which sounds like it hit the party.

I used the imp upgrade because the description says nothing about foe only ( I think, not 100% sure) and the normal chill fog hits everyone so I feared I kill and blind myself faster than the enemy.

You should know by now that you can't trust descriptions in Pillars games... at all. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

7 hours ago, Madscientist said:

Oh, sorry for my miscommunication. I was providing unnecessary detail. I moved my party into the fog cloud so that it would draw the rest of the enemies into the cloud as well, because the contstruct started the fight a little far from the rest of its friends. The Chill Fog is foe-only. I needed the ticks on the other enemies to increment the count of lash buffs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scrapulous said:

Oh, sorry for my miscommunication. I was providing unnecessary detail. I moved my party into the fog cloud so that it would draw the rest of the enemies into the cloud as well, because the contstruct started the fight a little far from the rest of its friends. The Chill Fog is foe-only. I needed the ticks on the other enemies to increment the count of lash buffs.

Thanks.