No Random Encounters In Neketaka

Gary1986

Question

I don't know that the random encounter 'backlog' is just tied to Neketaka.  I have had the sudden rush of Neketaka encounters very late in the game as others have mentioned here, cleaning up leftover quests after visiting Magran's Teeth, I got few in a row. Something similar seems to happen with the ship board random events too. 

In my first completed playthrough, just as I was finishing up the north west area for Sanza's Mapping the Archipelago quest, which requires having sailed and explored every island on the map, while sailing back towards Neketaka I was invited by Luca up on deck to introduce myself to my crew because for the majority of our time together, I had been asleep...

Thanks Luca, I guess I was sleepwalking through all those conquered vessels that had my entire crew at 4 star ranking.

still no random encounter for me after few playthrough. anyone has any idea how to fix this bug? obsidian just go silence after few patches. i guess that's what they are good at :/

???

Obsidian has been anything but silent on issues.  They've been responding to plenty of bug reports lately.

----

As a followup to a my prior post, I've gotten a few more random encounters, but usually I have to try to spam them by bouncing back and forth between zones in Neketaka repeatedly to get one to occur.  

Through my testing, I have found that if a random encounter will occur on a map transition between zones it will ALWAYS happen.  Makes it a bit easier to test various outcomes for them.

Does seem to be less frequent than before, as I noted.

I also know that many of the encounters have level restrictions tied to them.  The Griffin Blade one, for instance, won't happen until the Watcher is at least level 8.  Other ones have similar requirements.

yeah they did respond like months ago for gog users on scavenger's hunt as well. i'm more than level 8 and been bumping through various locations in neketaka but nothing trigger. i recall post 1.1 everything was working fine. now nothing trigger at all.

Either 2.0 fixed this (without mentioning it) or they get unlocked by completing Magran's Teeth (even if by that point the encounters are severly under-powered). Got the same house on fire event as someone else here mentioned.

I didn't have a single random encounter in Neketaka (over three separate simultaneous playthroughs) until I was level 16 and returned after doing Bekarna's Folly. Suddenly I got hit with three in a row. The other two playthroughs are still seeing 0 random encounters, though.

I did also only recently finished the Folly quest (last of pretty much all) so that might also be a valid theory for a blocker.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Maybe spoke too soon, really just that one burning house even post-Magran that my level 20 party ripped through.

Really sucks to miss probably quite a bit of content like this (if ship random stuff is any indication, or that firehouse one).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I'm also running into this problem --- have gotten up to level 15 on this run with no random encounters in Neketaka at all. Current patch 2.(whatever we're on as of today)

save file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Jkpf6ks-x4pcZnL1n4Q5KY-xt82powq

I suspect it's because I picked up the Cornett of Waves before getting the quest to do so but could be wrong.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Anyone running the 2.1 beta knowing if they adressed this?

^

I'm also running into this problem --- have gotten up to level 15 on this run with no random encounters in Neketaka at all. Current patch 2.(whatever we're on as of today)

save file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Jkpf6ks-x4pcZnL1n4Q5KY-xt82powq

I suspect it's because I picked up the Cornett of Waves before getting the quest to do so but could be wrong.

this random encounter thing suxs so badly. the newest patch seems to have alot more of bugs. like aegis of loyalty not removing charm, traversing between map there are error stating the map failed to load. this random encounter driving me crazy.

i'll give that cornett thing a try in my next run. already few characters all 0 encounters.

FWIW, this has been true for me as well. In most of my runs I've gotten 0 (none, nada) random encounters.  I've even spent time deliberately traipsing all over the city just to see if I could trigger any -- nothing.

The one exception was a game I started just after the 3.0 patch dropped.  In that game I was getting them *constantly*.  One time I got 3 of them going from Queen's Berth to Brass Citadel.  But then another game started shortly thereafter once again I've gotten none.

Whatever mechanism they are using for this is very, extremely bugged.

Edited by TheWeaver