when Obsidian announced that the localisations wouldn't be voiced, that pretty much killed any interest for me. I'm not going to play a game listening to English dialogue and reading German text. Also, i believe that only if the lines are voiced will the effort be made for the text to make sense since an actor has to make sense when he speaks the lines. Localised versions of today are no selling point to me, i don't bother trying them out, just glad i had english back in school.

I am an old bastard, but let me tell you, German localisations voiced or not were always terrible. The only ones saying german localisations are good or even acceptable are the ones, who speak no other language and or even not their native one correct.

My school english was terrible. I only invested time to learn it by playing games. Games that were unberable for me to play in it's German version.

That said, i am with no doubt, not even an average skilled user when it comes to english, but at least i can play games without ripping my remaining hair off. :devil:

KOTOR2 was AMAZING with french voice. I remember that.

So, it is possible to have a perfect quality. Actors was brilliant.

But a shame : Obsidian have never credited names of theses brilliant guys in the outro of the game.

I repair this today :

A video from a good french guy.

Edited by theBalthazar

Fallout 2 had some pretty good voice acting in French (I remember because I had the misfortune of being stuck with a localised version before getting my hands on a UK version of the game). Sure the narrator wasn't Ron Perlman but he did a fine job and the French Myron was actually pretty good as well.

• Like 1

KOTOR2 was AMAZING with french voice. I remember that.

So, it is possible to have a perfect quality. Actors was brilliant.

But a shame : Obsidian have never credited names of theses brilliant guys in the outro of the game.

It's not just up to Obsidian. LucasArts as the publisher has the final say on such matters.

Naturally it's possible, Kotor 2 had way less words in it than Deadfire. They obviously had a bigger budget for it as well, since it's LucasArts behind the game.

Hate the living, love the dead.