Kotor vs. Kotor 2

Which do you think is going to be better?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is going to be better?

• Kotor
    • Kotor2

I think Kotor because it was the original and I don't like sequels all that much when it comes to games.

yeah, but you see, obsidian seems like a better developer and they seem to listen to the people, so i think kotor2 will be a much better game with a better story.

the first game's story was horrible, and there were countless bugs

I am going to say the first game. The second is a hand me down game to a fledging company. Sure it has some good veteren designers and programmers in it, but it is still a fledgling company. Also the game has more restrictions in character development and I just hate that. At least in the first one you aren't forced to play a Jedi from the beginning.

Why are you playing star wars if you dont want to become a jedi??? Baffling. If you want a game where you want freedom to become what you want without becoming a jedi, play Star Wars Galaxies or something... anyway, I cant see how it hinders playing the game that much, since instead of the 'treat injury' skill you get force heal or drain. The whole point of KotOR is that it is story driven, and being a jedi is an essential part of the story, I'm afraid. Not surprising since the game is (Jedi) 'Knights of the Old Republic' battling Dark Jedi and Sith Lords...

Why are you playing star wars if you dont want to become a jedi??? Baffling. If you want a game where you want freedom to become what you want without becoming a jedi, play Star Wars Galaxies or something... anyway, I cant see how it hinders playing the game that much, since instead of the 'treat injury' skill you get force heal or drain. The whole point of KotOR is that it is story driven, and being a jedi is an essential part of the story, I'm afraid. Not surprising since the game is (Jedi) 'Knights of the Old Republic' battling Dark Jedi and Sith Lords...

maybe people get tired of being a jedi, like they might want to be a bob fett type of character with kotor's game engine instead of paying 20 bucks a month to play galaxies (though ive never played galaxies, it sounds good)

Sorry, I mostly just play CRPGs.

the only mmorpg i play is runescape, but i only do cause its free ;)

but console rpgs are the best, especially for those with a slow computer or those who dont like that monthly fee

Okay, so there isn't a good SW CRPG out there for you? Or do you have a recommendation?

KotOR1 was okay till I was forced to become a Jedi.

I recommend to Obsidian not to force character develope on the player. Let the player develop his character has he or she wants to. Don't force us to be Force users, don't force us to play munchkin characters, and make the game a challenge. If the player wants to make a munchkin character he or she will, but don't force the rest of us who don't.

but console rpgs are the best

The best at what ?!? Bad writing and puerile plots ?!?

i already said, for those with a slow computer, or the whole "i dont wanna pay 20 bucks for something i already bought"

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, I have to disagree. KoTOR 1 and 2 are (as previously stated) about the Knights of the Old Republic, so...

Still, I know I'd be interested in a "basic" SW RPG that let you follow your own path. SW:G was fun, but not quite what I was looking for.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

but console rpgs are the best

The best at what ?!? Bad writing and puerile plots ?!?

i already said, for those with a slow computer, or the whole "i dont wanna pay 20 bucks for something i already bought"

Huh ?!? Why, are all PC RPGs heavy on hardware like first person shooters and do they all require monthly fees ?!? What the heck are you talking about ?!?

KotOR1 was okay till I was forced to become a Jedi.

I recommend to Obsidian not to force character develope on the player. Let the player develop his character has he or she wants to. Don't force us to be Force users, don't force us to play munchkin characters, and make the game a challenge. If the player wants to make a munchkin character he or she will, but don't force the rest of us who don't.

Too late for that since in The Munchkin Lords we alreadyare forced to start in a jedi class and there are epic levels.

drakron.png

I don't care about titles.  They are meaningless to me.  All I care about is the game itself.

yeah, and Kotor is about Jedi. The 'Knights' of the title. So, it isn't a meaningless description. If you don't want to play a Jedi you're out of luck. Buy another game.

I don't care about titles. They are meaningless to me. All I care about is the game itself.

What I meant was, the game itself is about the Jedi Knights, so it's somewhat inferred that you'd be one of them...ah well

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I know and it sucks. That is why I will be skipping this title.

To sum it up a little: you hate playing a Jedi, you won't be buying this title, you hated KotOR (after you became a Jedi/Sith)..

Remind me again why you are here then, writing post after post after post with the same whiny message?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!