Yeah, but it's a fairly small cone.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I'm using Aloth as a Spellblade with the WotEP - and when he casts Infuse wVE first the cone isn't so small. I can imagine that a high-INT monk with Duality(INT) can hit 4 or more people with it easily.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah but that's with buffing Int, assuming the user doesn't have high int or ability to get it the cone is fairly lackluster. If don't use IwVE on my battlemage with 14 int the cone is a little underwhelming, but still good for close quarters.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Does somebody know if the cone applies also alterations inflicted through primary o full attacks (crippling strike, blinding strikes, ring the bell, etc.)? (sorry if it's a little bit off-topic)

It applies Knockdown and Mule Kick related maluses so I assume so.

I'm playing a Transcendent (Helwalker/Soul Blade) using the WoEP in New PotD, and not only does the cone apply attack-based statuses, it also applies Soul Annihilation to everything inside of it.  With its size enhanced by Duality.  It is absolutely glorious.  Raw damage all over the place.

(Helwalker was really dangerous to play until about level 9 though!  I'd probably do Shattered Pillar if I did it all over.)

Yes. I'm using Aloth as Spellblade with the WotEP and it does apply afflictons like Confounding Blind over the whole cone. Same with the (kind of) AoE pollaxe (Wahai Pōraga) which will affect multiple enemies with its swirling auto attack.

Does somebody know if the cone applies also alterations inflicted through primary o full attacks (crippling strike, blinding strikes, ring the bell, etc.)? (sorry if it's a little bit off-topic)

the cone does apply sickened to all targets hit with black flames of devotions - i tested this... but its really difficult to hit more than 2 enemies in a "stanard non constructed combat scenario" to be honest

Edited by Nemesis7884

It's quite easy if you are not the tanking guy but the guy who flanks (who has decent INT and other AOE mods like Overseeing). The cone shape is not very good if you are sourrounded. For that the pollaxe (or Clean Sweep or Heart of Fury) or the enchantment of the WotEP that lets you attack in a circle are way better.

But for anybody who flanks while the majority of the mob gathers around a tank (or is pulled together by Pull of Eora) it's very good. For example a Skald who first casts Killers (cone) and then attacks with the WotEP can land several crits with just one strike. 

I didn't test what Clear Out (cone) + WotEP will do... 

• Like 1

So I just tested what Clear Out does with WotEP: it will apply the AoE cone attack to every enemiy that is hit by Clear Out - which resulted in 30 attack rolls when I could reach 5 enemies (18 INT + Overseeing). All of them got interrupted and lay prone.

Nobody should complain about hat nerf. It's still one of the best weapons in the game if you use it right.

Edited by Boeroer

It's even so that Persistent Distraction will allow you to engage mutiple enemies in the second row because of the reach/cone of the WotEP. I just had Aloth engage and distract/flank several dummies in the second row after I gave him Defender Stance and Hold the Line. So any Swashbuckler can cause Persistant Distraction on several enemies passively with the WotEP as well as applying Deep Wounds, Arterial Strike and Gouging Strike in an AoE, interrupt and prone groups with Knockdown/Mule Kick and totally overpower groups with Clear Out.

I just let Aloth hit a group of CRE_TIgers with Arterial Strike and then escaped. They all tried to follow and died because of the DoT when moving.

• Like 1

No, why? I tested the WotEP with several class combos (Swashbuckler Eder, MC Berserker/Devoted) as well as with Aloth as Battlemage and also as Spellblade. The above is a summary what works and what not. 

FOr example I also tested if misses on Disengagement attacks proc the Offensive Parry of the WotEP. They do not. So my plan to stack defense bonuses against disengagment attacks (Fleet Feet, Fast Runner, Tumbling for +45 deflection on Disengagment) and then running wild around the battlefield doesn't work. It works with Riposte (from Rogue - only 20% of misses though) but not Offensive Parry. May be better - this would have been extreme cheese and would have been nerfed anyway. 

What works really well is using an Assassin with Shadowing Beyond to get to an attacker, use "Run Through" to deliver a devastating Assassination+Backstab (the base damage of Run Through is rel high and profits from weapon enchantment and Two Handed Style etc.) and then have +50 deflection for 10 seconds (base) because of Shadowing Beyond. If anything rushes you in that time (which is crucial for any Assassin) you most likely will trigger Offensive Parry and maybe even Riposte and damage + daze the attackers, then deliver an Arterial Strike to them so that you hen can get away while they follow and run themselves to death.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

No, why? I tested the WotEP with several class combos (Swashbuckler Eder, MC Berserker/Devoted) as well as with Aloth as Battlemage and also as Spellblade. The above is a summary what works and what not. 

FOr example I also tested if misses on Disengagement attacks proc the Offensive Parry of the WotEP. They do not. So my plan to stack defense bonuses against disengagment attacks (Fleet Feet, Fast Runner, Tumbling for +45 deflection on Disengagment) and then running wild around the battlefield doesn't work. It works with Riposte (from Rogue - only 20% of misses though) but not Offensive Parry. May be better - this would have been extreme cheese and would have been nerfed anyway. 

What works really well is using an Assassin with Shadowing Beyond to get to an attacker, use "Run Through" to deliver a devastating Assassination+Backstab (the base damage of Run Through is rel high and profits from weapon enchantment and Two Handed Style etc.) and then have +50 deflection for 10 seconds (base) because of Shadowing Beyond. If anything rushes you in that time (which is crucial for any Assassin) you most likely will trigger Offensive Parry and maybe even Riposte and damage + daze the attackers, then deliver an Arterial Strike to them so that you hen can get away while they follow and run themselves to death.

1. Offensive Parry works with disengagement attacks. The problem is disengagement attack doesn't trigger properly sometimes. 

2. Shadowing Beyond doesn't provide u 10 seconds' deflection, it ends as soon as you are out of invisibility.

Edited by dunehunter

Hm.. I let Aloth disengage several times now for several minutes from a Xaurip Champion for testing purposes - with all those deflection bonuses: the disengagement attack gets triggered and misses but there's no Offensive Parry, only sometimes Riposte.

Shadowing Beyond: I tested it again 30 secs ago right after I saw your post. Aloth went invisible, Backstabbed, turned visible and the +50 deflection stayed there until the duration ran out. So you must be wrong.

shadowing_deflection.png?dl=1

This is 1.0.2 - but I don't think they changed that in 1.1 because for what do you need +50 deflection if you are invisible (and untargetable) anyways?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Actually now I managed to trigger Offensive Parry on said Xaurip Champion. Weird. Maybe a hickup? Or wait - maybe some immunity against disengagement that I don't know of? Because when I put on Nomad's Brigandine with immunity to disengagement attacks I will also lose Offensive Parry on disengagement... hm...

However - now I can disengage with a ton of deflection bonus against disenagement (Gipon Prudensco 25, Fleet Feet +20, Tumbling +20, Fast Runner +5 = +70 - it all stacks) on top of my normal deflection. I summoned 10 Xaurip Champions and just ran around them - most of them are dead after a few seconds... Nerf incoming! :)

But I still have situations where I can't trigger Offensive Parry against disengagement attacks. Maybe when I'm too fast and am out of reach already?

Now I had the situation where the deflection bonus of Shadowing Beyond stopped when I used a spell from invisibiliy and I became visible. What is this? Maybe we are both right - and the behavior is inconsistent like hell? :) 

If you want to test the range on miss mechanics, I suggest summoning something like an Adra Ooze, they don't have engagement, but they have decent range. Run away as they launch their attack, and see if you riposte with a pike, with a dagger, with wotp... I know for 100% sure that riposte works on those "out of range" misses.

If you want to test the range on miss mechanics, I suggest summoning something like an Adra Ooze, they don't have engagement, but they have decent range. Run away as they launch their attack, and see if you riposte with a pike, with a dagger, with wotp... I know for 100% sure that riposte works on those "out of range" misses.

Maybe, but does Offensive Parry?

Riposte and Offensive Parry only get triggered against melee attacks though (I thought).

Anyhow - even if I like the concept I won't follow this "Disengagment-to-Offensive Parry"-path. It's way to fidgety and unrealiable. Applying Arterial Strike and then moving away (for example with high defense or even immunity against disengement or Escape) or casting Rymrgand's Repulsive Visage to make them flee is much more fun and reliable, too with the WotEP.

Edited by Boeroer

Now I had the situation where the deflection bonus of Shadowing Beyond stopped when I used a spell from invisibiliy and I became visible. What is this? Maybe we are both right - and the behavior is inconsistent like hell? :)

Haha thanks for the testing, so these works sometimes and sometimes not? Weird enough I think. Because I’m pretty sure I see my character use offensive parry when he disengaged.

Haha thanks for the testing, so these works sometimes and sometimes not? Weird enough I think. Because I’m pretty sure I see my character use offensive parry when he disengaged.
Invisibilty in general is buggy. I have noticed similar things with the priest withdraw spell. Sometimes moving ends it. Sometimes it doesn’t. Also, aren’t you not supposed to move if “stunned” like the description says?

We all know how long invisibilty was a buggy mess in PoE1.

Edited by Braven