Is Berserker missing the majority of Frenzy upgrades intended or some type of bug?

Seroster01

Question

The problem: Choosing the Berserker subclass of Barbarian gives you only 1 available upgrade to the base Frenzy; Blood Frenzy. 

Choosing No Subclass, or the 2 other subclasses, retains the option of Blood Frenzy, but adds 3 other options: Spirit Frenzy (In the same tier but a 2nd branch option in place of Blood Frenzy), its upgrade Spirit Tornado, and the upgrade of Blood Frenzy-> Blood Storm.

The lack of Frenzy upgrade options are not in-game listed as a penalty for choosing Berserker in the subclass details (they are simply missing from the Ability tree), seems backwards considering the Berserker is defined by its unique upgrades the Frenzy ability, and removing whole upgrade trees has no parallel in other martial sub-classes that I have found.

I tried searching this forum & there have been a small number of other threads on the topic reporting the issue, and 1 even had a response that the issues in the thread were put on the Bug list.  But that thread raised other issues & didn't have any response to whether this issue was intentional or not or that a fix was incoming. 

It seems like if this was a bug, it would be significant enough to add to a known issue (or at least have some response).  If this was done on purpose, it again seems significant enough that the options being removed should be documented somewhere in-game in a future patch.  For transparency, it seems like until it is patched in it should be listed somewhere at least on these forums that this is intentional.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

I had a sudden realization when I read the above posts, that I was basing my statement on 2 things: 

1.)  the Character Creation "Preview Talent Tree" screen

2.) other posts that had reported the issue

It came to me then that I hadn't actually gone past character creation as a Berserker bc those abilities were missing & I didn't want to make a Zerker until it had all of it's abilities properly.

Thus, I am now going to actually create one & see if it's actually available in game.  Will report back shortly with results.