I'm currently level 11 and when spirit-shifted, i deal very little damage (even with overpen). I tested it with common folks in tavern. I have greater wildstrike shock and heart of the storm. I'm also wielding the Frostseeker before spirit-shift (does it make any difference) ?

Is it a single-class Fury?

Since the Fury-attack jumps you should do respectable damage - it even jumps if there's only one enemy: it simply hits the same enemy twice. This can be really good with the right muticlass (ranger because of the ACC bonuses and because of Driving Flight and Evasive Fire, paladin because of FoD + Fury ranged attack and so on).

A single class fury is more about elemental spells and nuking than about spiritshift in my opinion. There are not that many abilities that improve it - even Taste of the Hunt won't work. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Is it a single-class Fury?

Since the Fury-attack jumps you should do respectable damage - it even jumps if there's only one enemy: it simply hits the same enemy twice. This can be really good with the right muticlass (ranger because of the ACC bonuses and because of Driving Flight and Evasive Fire, paladin because of FoD + Fury ranged attack and so on).

A single class fury is more about elemental spells and nuking than about spiritshift in my opinion. There are not that many abilities that improve it - even Taste of the Hunt won't work. 

i went with universalist. priest of eothas/fury. i thought fury damage scale. i also went with 10DEX. guess this is a failed build already?  i have 18MIG and 22 INT. the rest are just 10s.

Edited by Archaven

Do you cast Relentless Storm, Call the world Mom, Returm Storm, Blizzard. Taste the Hunt, and Touch of Rot?

Can you check log if you hit things, or graze?

You could also take stuff like Two Handed Style.

If Priest of Eothas:

Pillar of Faith, Pillar of Holy Fire, Storm of Holy Fire, as other dps spells. With Rapid casting.

Buffs: Devotion of the Faithfull, Minor AVatar

If you really want melee dps, you need furry with Shifter, and some martial class. Like fighter, rogue, monk, barbarian.

Edited by evilcat

Well a priest with Devotions should be cool with a Fury's elemental spells. You can also focus on fire spells and take Scion. Fury's fire spells wil get +2 PEN and priests fire spells +1 PEN. Combine with that fire ring from Fessina's shop for another +10 ACC and you'll get a decent fure nuker with crits galore. Just the ranged attack of the Fury is not overwhelmingly good with a priest multiclass, but since the class also works well without any shifting... 

• Like 1

Do you cast Relentless Storm, Call the world Mom, Returm Storm, Blizzard. Taste the Hunt, and Touch of Rot?

Can you check log if you hit things, or graze?

You could also take stuff like Two Handed Style.

If Priest of Eothas:

Pillar of Faith, Pillar of Holy Fire, Storm of Holy Fire, as other dps spells. With Rapid casting.

Buffs: Devotion of the Faithfull, Minor AVatar

If you really want melee dps, you need furry with Shifter, and some martial class. Like fighter, rogue, monk, barbarian.

sorry maybe i explained it poorly here. i was referring to very low damage when spirit-shifted.

Well a priest with Devotions should be cool with a Fury's elemental spells. You can also focus on fire spells and take Scion. Fury's fire spells wil get +2 PEN and priests fire spells +1 PEN. Combine with that fire ring from Fessina's shop for another +10 ACC and you'll get a decent fure nuker with crits galore. Just the ranged attack of the Fury is not overwhelmingly good with a priest multiclass, but since the class also works well without any shifting... 

yeah the whole idea i made this fury druid was because of it's cool spirit-shift animation. i thought i can make a lady thor or something and kinda disappointed. seems like it's a bad combo that i've chosen? beside the 1 nuke, spirit-shift fury isn't really worthwhile?

I checked on Furry PL 7, and the thing is... fury form attack sucks. It shows only bonus from might with base 13, attack 0.7 wait 4s.

There is this one spell like lighting which deals around 70 dmg.

This is quite horrible.

At least armour is 12 with 0 recovery penalty. And you get elemental spell bonus.

Maybe with other spirit forms it is better, but this one is so bad it starts to be funny .

Edited by evilcat

I checked on Furry PL 7, and the thing is... fury form attack sucks. It shows only bonus from might with base 13, attack 0.7 wait 4s.

This is quite horrible.

At least armour is 12 with 0 recovery penalty. And you get elemental spell bonus.

Maybe with other spirit forms it is better, but this one is so bad it starts to be funny .

yes this is totally a smack on my face. obsidian should make every build choices viable and worth players time. i thought this build can scale towards greater damage and lightning jumps. there's no point for me to be a fury druid at all other than that +1 pen and 20% range. i might as well go shapeshifter druid. now we have a low damage, long recovery lightning jolt and 1 single target nuke that really isn't impressive. i deal way more damage with unshifted. 

way to go in rewarding player choices and build obsidian   :getlost:

Edited by Archaven

I don't know: the Fury attack works with all abilities that work with other ranged weapons. And it jumps, so you usually do twice the damage the tooltip says. With Wildstrike and Greater Wildstrike as well as Two Handed Style it should be ok even for single class Furies or Furies who multiclass with a class that gives no bonuses to ranged attacks (like Priest).

I tried a Fury/Bleak Walker with Scion of Flame, Heart of the Storm and Spirit of Decay (mainly in order to get +2 PEN for most of my elemental spells) and my Fury attack was good with Two Handed Style and FoD (it got +3 PEN from the Scion et al.). The jump also gets the lashes by the way.

What I don't understand is why the ranged attack of the Fury is two handed, but since it hits twice it is like having twice the attack speed.

Edited by Boeroer

This is quite horrible.

Sounds like Fury attacks are bugged, they should be scaling every 5 levels (not PL) like other spirit forms.