Hehe - I just realized that I recommended a combo that I tried out with the help of the console: Arcane Knight with Riposte is not really possible... Was fun nonetheless. ;)

Well Conquerer Stance doesn't stack with other ACC or Deflection buffs so I never use it after the early game. Mob Stance however not only gives you more attack speed but also a free Full Attack on kill. If Riposte kills it triggers another Full Attack and so on. It surely is better for my playstyle than Conquerer Stance or Defender Stance. Although the dmg reduction from Defender Stance is nice as well.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hehe - I just realized that I recommended a combo that I tried out with the help of the console: Arcane Knight with Riposte is not really possible... Was fun nonetheless. ;)

Well Conquerer Stance doesn't stack with other ACC or Deflection buffs so I never use it after the early game. Mob Stance however not only gives you more attack speed but also a free Full Attack on kill. If Riposte kills it triggers another Full Attack and so on. It surely is better for my playstyle than Conquerer Stance or Defender Stance. Although the dmg reduction from Defender Stance is nice as well.

Really? I did not realize it doesn't stack with other buffs. Damn, what's the point then? :(

It's an active ACC or Deflection buff. Those don't stack with other active ACC or Deflection buffs (like Devotions or Shields for the Faithful). It stacks with +5 PER inspirations of course. And with Vigorous Defense (for some complicated reasons). But since I nearly always bring a Preist...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You can very well do with it a Rogue/Wizard and why not?

Albeit Arcane Veil has got a short duration of about 25-30 seconds when properly speced into, that does give you ample time to kill a lot, if not all, of the stuff, especially where Citzal's Lance is concerned. 

PS: Chill Fog would help somewhat with that. Though, I immagine you wouldn't want the lower recovery. 

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

To add on to what's been said: Riposte is not junk. Its power level is roughly in line with most other passives in the game or in the rogue tree. But unlike most of those other passives, Riposte has really high upside if you multi-class, are a trickster, or are otherwise able to even get your deflection up even modestly (frankly just even using Escape every now and then gives you high Riposte upside). And in certain set ups Riposte can be a huge DPS increase even considering a lowish proc rate.

Sometimes I think people on the forums are like "this isn't as easily abusable as in PoE1 or as I initially thought. Therefore it must suck because those two extremes are the only options."

Edited by thelee
  • Like 3

It would be nice if it also triggered on some grazes though. Getting misses on a SC rogue is kind of hard.

hence trickster :)

a rogue can still equip shield and get weapon and shield proficiency, however blasphemous that might sound for a "striker" class.

you can also lean on an ally (priest, paladin for +25 and to a lesser extent chanter for +10 and cipher for mindweb). it is a party game, after all, even though a lot of us like to talk builds that are "self-contained" even though most of them would probably likely flop for an actual solo attempt.