Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can I change forum display name?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OrpheusM

OrpheusM

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I just don't want my email to show as my forum display name. If this forum provides such a feature I just can't find it anywhere.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1709 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

​Contacting an admin was probably the best way to go, but I suppose this will do as well - should get the attention of at least one of the moderators who will likely pass it on.

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5017 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Send a PM request to Fionavar

Marceror

Marceror

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1362 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

​Contacting an admin was probably the best way to go, but I suppose this will do as well - should get the attention of at least one of the moderators who will likely pass it on.

Yes, the administrators of this this website are among the most responsive I've ever seen!

• Fionavar likes this

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

Yes, the administrators of this this website are among the most responsive I've ever seen!

That's great news. I'm always loyal to the mods, but I definitely like mods that are as responsive as they can be.

Also, hello everyone. Just got my account validated.

majestic

majestic

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Not that it really matters that much but the post you quoted contains a healthy dose of sarcasm. Marceror has a long standing feature request that got ignored so far. :)

In all fairness to the mods and administrators changing a display name is probably a lot easier to do than implement or change actual board features. I mean we've been living with this travesty of a quote function and WYSIWYG editor for a very, very long time now and I reckon if anything were to change THAT wold be the priority. Not a message telling everyone that you fixed your post. *shrug*

• Marceror likes this

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

Not that it really matters that much but the post you quoted contains a healthy dose of sarcasm. Marceror has a long standing feature request that got ignored so far. :)

In all fairness to the mods and administrators changing a display name is probably a lot easier to do than implement or change actual board features. I mean we've been living with this travesty of a quote function and WYSIWYG editor for a very, very long time now and I reckon if anything were to change THAT wold be the priority. Not a message telling everyone that you fixed your post. *shrug*

lol Alright. 

Still, the mods seem pretty chill, so I've got no problems with them.

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 12466 posts

Please do send a PM to me if there is anything you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users