rjshae
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: The New All Things Political Topic
Everything posted by rjshae
-
Funny Stuff Cantina
- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
Yes, most NATO members called for invocation of Article 5 immediately after 9/11. However, there's a certain flexibility in the level of support required to satisfy Article 5, and many countries supplied only token troops to Afghanistan. NATO is still living with the consequences of a historic decision it made hours after 9/11 Military alliances are always a challenge; it's often easier from a command perspective to go it alone.- New Scientific Discoveries, Part Vier
Differences between the Moon’s near and far sides linked to colossal ancient impact- New Scientific Discoveries, Part Vier
Most Precise Ever Measurement of W Boson Mass Differs From Standard Model Prediction- Obituary thread
Because she was diplomatically careful not to acknowledge the genocide until it had been confirmed? Yeah, sure.- Obituary thread
A couple of points about this: a. She later apologized for this statement. b. The data was subsequently attributed to Iraqi propaganda, and was determined to be completely false. Changing views on child mortality and economic sanctions in Iraq: a history of lies, damned lies and statistics- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
Cane and Pineapples by Dostoevsky. "And the more I drink pinatas the more I feel it. That’s why I drink too. I try to find sympathy and feeling in drink.... I drink so that I may surf twice as much!"- Coronavirus 666: This is one sick thread!!!
Second Covid booster shields elderly but wears off rapidly Cases are on the rise again, so it looks like people may be wearing masks for a while longer.- What are you Playing Now? Who needs a life anyway?...
Well I'm only 11 hours into it, but thus far I've been enjoying myself. There's enough tactical variety in the encounters to make it a challenge, and it has the same warped humor as Wasteland 2. Apart from the variety of items, the biggest difference I've seen is the increased rate of skill improvement.- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
I'd suggest it is incumbent on the poster to communicate their intent in the first place.- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
One of the lessons(?) of colonialism is that it is more cost-effective to exploit another country through trade than through conquest. The latter requires expensive military occupation, whereas the former only requires transportation. But Russia lacks good sea ports so they never had a naval colonial phase, and thus view matters from a different perspective.- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
Sarcasm in general is sometimes difficult to detect in text form. It can be useful to keep that in mind.- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
It would depend on the circumstances. Ukraine is fighting on the defensive and is well-motivated.- Funny Stuff Cantina
- Random-Interesting-Weird
- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
I just finished watching one of those historical colorized film versions of World War II history; in particular, the Barbarossa operation and German treatment of civilians in Russia and the Ukraine. The parallels are spooky. I suppose it's true; war never changes.- New Scientific Discoveries, Part Vier
Webb Space Telescope Completes First Multi-Instrument Alignment- Funny Stuff Cantina
- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
One always has to be a little careful of the tendency of a nation to vilify an enemy state for the purposes of wartime propaganda, but on the whole the reports have been very chilling and increasingly beyond the point of denial. Russia is heading toward a very dark place.- Funny Stuff Cantina
- The What Are You Reading thread (now with a simpler name)
I haven't read one Saxon book, so I think I'm good. But thanks for your concern.- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
Targeting Russian oil facilities: not a war crime.- Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
Analysis of the conflict from the CSIS: Russian Casualties in Ukraine: Reaching the Tipping Point- Qatar 2022 - The Thread!
Iran vs. US? Hmm. Well we'll see how good Qatar is at event security then. If it was at a more neutral site it would be a fun matchup. As it is, Qatar has rumored links with Islamist extremists.- What are you Playing Now? Who needs a life anyway?...
I'm giving Wasteland 3 a go now to see if I enjoy it, having waited for patching to reach a fairly stable state. - Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.