Everything posted by Raithe
- What are you playing now?
-
Movies you've seen recently
Wild Target. Bill Nighy as the aging solitary Assassin from a long and respected family of assassins, who gets hired to target Emily Blunt's klepto / full of life roguish lady who scammed the wrong person - Rupert Everett's art loving criminal. Of course, something about her wild and free attitude (along with being a pretty lady) causes Bill's assassin to not kill her and start protecting her, which ends up involving Rupert Grint's slightly idiotic bystander who becomes his apprentice.. Along with Martin Freeman as the sadistic second professional assassin brought in to deal with the problem. A fairly low key british comedy that is apparently a remake of an old French film..
-
The Funny Things Thread
http://youtu.be/QKmn1ZGDbLg
-
Civ - Beyond Earth
I think part of what you miss is a sense of individuality in the various cultures and leaders. There's nothing in game to really differentiate them. Nothing storywise, just some minor gaming mechanics, a bonus to this, a bonus to that. In several short games, they've all gone different ways, so it's not like they apparently always take the same affinities either. Sure, you have a "this one is more military, this one is more espionage, this one is more economic" but no really serious depth to them. Even with Civ V, the different leaders all had their own personalities of sorts, and each culture had it's own unique feel to lesser or greater degrees. Edit: Also, building Wonders doesn't really feel that wonderful. Doesn't really show up on the city, and you get some basic "moving blueprint" thing with a small quote that's vaguely philosopher-sci-fi when you build one. All they are are various in-game bonuses.
-
What's on the idiot box... Part 3
Just caught episode 3 of The Flash. Maybe it's because you see more of Barry's dad in this one, but it suddenly clicked on why I recognise him. He played Barry Allen in the old 1990's series of The Flash. Nice little touch there.
-
The Funny Things Thread
- Civ - Beyond Earth
It has a slightly weird feel to it. It's like playing Civ V.. but it's not. The basics are the same, but handled in a slightly different manner. Then everything else grows from there. Frankly the only reason I picked it up was I realised I had some coupons and got it silly cheap from Goodman Games and I needed some mental distraction that wasn't stressful. You can slide into almost auto-pilot in playing it because everything is so similar. But because of all those small differences in what things do and how they work will mean that your "normal rules of Civ play" don't actually work and you need to start poking at it from another angle.- The Funny Things Thread
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- STEAM!
Well, it's kind of amusing to see all the people going into frenzy because it hasn't unlocked in the UK at midnight like they said it would. Apparently 2k is talking to Steam to find out what's going wrong with it.....- Happiest Countries in the World proves Western Ideology Works
Well I think UK Happiness is about to take a serious dive with the EU demanding we give them an extra 1.7 billion, because our economy is doing so well.. while they give France and other countries a rebate.- The Funny Things Thread
There is some bad language, so maybe not safe for work... (or at least, speakers) http://youtu.be/62ytib-XCeY- Wasteland 2
I think it's more that energy weapons are generally great against robots, but seem to do about 1/5th of that damage to human opponents. So when the majority of encounters are humans, the energy weapons tend to suck compared to the higher tier assault rifles. But when you have those robot encounters, especially towards the end of the game in California, the energy weapons really are king.- The Funny Things Thread
- What are you playing now?
- The Funny Things Thread
Ron Perlman on working with Sean Connery (and he tells the story in a Sean Connery accent) "Sean leans in to me and says, 'You have to spit in my eye because if you don't, I won't have anything to play.' And that's how I came up with the **** balls to **** spit in 007's eye. And you really, really gotta do it, cuz the only thing more terrifying than spitting the m****f****'s eye, is 'Take Two' of spitting in the m***f****'s eye!"- Dragon Age: Inquisition
I have to admit, I'm pondering picking up the deluxe edition when I'm in the US next month because it's about £10 cheaper then if I buy it here in the UK. In fact it's only about a pound or two more expensive then the standard physical copy.- The Funny Things Thread
- Movies you've seen recently
Also, for the amusement value..- Movies you've seen recently
Hercules - The recent Dwayne Johnson version. I'd say that's actually a fairly decent film and worth a watch. A nice little twist on the legends of Hercules, although if you're a purist on mythology, you might not like it so much. Has some fun characters with a decent cast, that while not taking themselves too seriously, aren't playing up to the hammy side of Greek epics.- The Funny Things Thread
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
I have to admit, I'm becoming more tempted to picking this up on release rather then wait till some point after Christmas as I'd originally thought....- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Well, that isn't so much as saying you can't debate it, it's more of a "there's no accounting for some peoples taste" Or to put it another way, "it's whatever floats your boat"- Kaine Parker's Pretty Woman
That slow shot of her legs in the pilot episode?- What are you playing now?
- Civ - Beyond Earth
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.