Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. Ok, I couldn't let this one go. Unless you work in software development, you cannot say what is or is not "often" the reason for a cut. It has nothing to do with corruption. Unless you have worked in software development, you cannot really comment. Then you screw up the scheduling from PNJ and PG. Unless you have worked in software development, you cannot really comment. Priority has nothing to do with it. Yes, they will fix a bug that causes more damage, but that's not what I was talking about. A smaller bug is still going to be recorded. It just won't be fixed first. So a bug is not going to be forgotten because of the "routine" of it being there, because it would have initially been recorded as a bug in the first place. If it was missed initially, then the point is moot, because if someone with many more views of it misses it, the likelihood of it being spotted by someone that goes over it less is not going to be any better. Unless you have experience with QA though, you're just guessing. Of course. But unless the developers have the benefit of precognition, it's impossible to tell. Like I said, go read up on sunk costs. Yes, it would be a waste of money...but the point is moot because that money has already been spent. I guarantee that if it was only a minimal investment to ensure that the "cut content" was on par with the rest of the game, it would not have been cut. The wiki for sunk costs is pretty good, and also explains the sunk cost fallacy. Any introductory economics textbook is likely to get into detail, and hopefully clear up the issue for you. What? You are saying that by hiring more people, you'll end up saving other money? I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.
  2. Obsidian fanboy? In any case, it was a gaffe on my part, but my point still stands. In fact, I think it stands even better now.
  3. Actually, it's getting kind of old. It's like every post from you is about trying to find some faults in someone else's post, no matter how far back you have to dig. It's not really entertaining and it makes you look like the smaller man. Hey, I can understand it in some cases (*cough*Epiphany*cough*) but every day of the year for every little unnecessary detail you can dig up? Come on.. I much prefer your insightful or witty posts before these bitter and bickering posts, to be honest. But that's just me and my opinion.. and another chance for you to dig up some year old post to compare to this one. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> You know, everyone says that I've changed in some way, but I don't really think my posting style is really that different. I've been digging up old stuff on these fora for quite some time. I guess I'll take a break. Adios.
  4. If you're going to compare the rate of level up, then yes.
  5. Damn, I forgot to include the shameless wallowing in self-pity.
  6. Then why waste your time doing worthless stuff? And I already have gotten an argument from you, so there's another notch.
  7. Levels are inherently abstract. Especially when your level is a very poor indicator of your power in Oblivion. The concept of levelling up may be similar, but it doesn't mean that a level 4 Oblivion character is in any way similar to a level 4 D&D character.
  8. You're just doing your usual bid for attention. And trying to slam a company for the sake of slamming a company. You straight forward said that they should never have even mentioned horses, and called Obsidian liars. Nothing should be hyped, because if it gets removed, fans get pissed. If you don't like me digging up old posts, then stop posting stupid stuff in an attempt to make yourself feel special because people are actually talking with you. It's better to be noticed by being contradictory and a hypocrite than to be ignored right? Oh wait, here comes the "Oh, but I'm irrational and a hypocrite, as I have completely come to grips with" post that you'll have. But not until after you and I bicker some more, and other posters (and not surprisingly, often the female posters) start calling you on it as well. Then you can go and use the :darque: emoticon and say "Oh, I'm just my goofy irrational self " I dig up this **** because it makes you look like a twit, and makes your opinion worth less than Eddo's. It's also entertaining for the rest of us.
  9. http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=558718
  10. Then that's likely because you either didn't bother levelling up your primary stats, or you weren't bothering to level up either. But hey, it's great that you can beat Oblivion as a level 4 character too! You can't compare levels from different rulesets. You'd think a stickler for the rules like you would actually recognize that.
  11. That's not what you were saying earlier. What was that about how they should never have even mentioned they were going to be in if they weren't going to be able to stick with it? I'm not sure why you trust Obsidian, as you outright called them liars.
  12. Kumqautq did bring up an interesting point...which some seemed to have missed.
  13. I thought the Core was hideous. I do like Hillary Swank though. I enjoyed this review of it. http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/core.html
  14. So you'd rather we rephrase the archetype?
  15. Besides, Hades himself admitted he'd rather a company say nothing than say something that might later be recalled. He totally blew up at Obsidian for removing mounts.
  16. Didn't you just say you were against the Chosen One archetype?
  17. As much as Half-Life 2 did. The only unfortunate thing is that Half-Life 2 wasn't announced early.
  18. What? Seems like the contradictory statement of the decade. Or are you referring to the different style of chosen one, rather than just the chosen one idea?
  19. Then why do so many other AAA developers not have this problem? I wonder if we're being a bit too "pro-developer" at times. We have no idea what kind of mismanagement was done. Ion Storm shows that it is certainly possible.
  20. Believe me, I know this. Money is very important. If I was to extrapolate Battlewookiee's beliefs though, he seems to think that it would have been cheaper not to cut the content, and to hire more QA to fix the bugs...or something. I had heard that they were sitting on it as well, but I'm surprised that Troika was unable to work on it anyways, since it was clearly not fully polished. And it's not like they had much else to work on either, as their Post-Apoc idea had no takers. I'm curious what Troika did in that time. It's possible many employees were let go for cost reasons, but if the employees are there and already getting paid, why not have them continue polishing the game for another few months? I was never shown that the idea they were sitting on it was anything more than speculation though.
  21. I would assume so, as it's military spending within recent years.
  22. I'm not heavily into all the Tom Clancy crap, but Delta Force was modelled on the SAS, and even they themselves recognise the SAS as being superior. I have no idea why you're comparing the SAS to the Navy Seals as they're an entirely different model, but if you're looking for a comparisson I suppose you could look at the SBS. Now those are some tough bastards. As for a link to stuff, try google or wikipedia. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> My google and wikipedia findings have the US Army Rangers being trained by the SAS, way back in the day. Delta Force does pick recruits from the Rangers (and Green Berets). And why are the SEALs so different, aside from the fact that their purpose is more directed to missions at/from sea? You suggested I use Wiki for links, and they list the former SEAL Team 6, now called DEVGRU, as the Navy equivalent of Delta Force. I certainly haven't seen any Delta Force admission of the SAS being a superior fighting force. Perhaps you would have more luck if you looked, as you likely have a better idea what you are looking for.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.