Kotor3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion Part 26

Welcome to Kotor3: Ideas, Suggestions and Discussion part 26.

The purpose of this thread is to have a place for all discussion and speculation relating to future single-player KotOR games. For any discussion about the announced LucasArts-Bioware MMO please go here.

There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping everything centralised is more useful than having multiple threads scattered throughout the forum. :rolleyes: While I know members who've been here a long time may find this discussion a somewhat elderly and done-to-death topic, please keep in mind that there are new members arriving all of the time, and to them, this might be a new and current topic of interest that they wish to discuss. Please be courteous and hospitable to all members, and avoid spam and trollish behaviour. If you don't wish to participate in K3 discussions, then DO NOT POST. Have fun! >_<

Here are the links to the past threads:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]yeah i really only have one major request. please please please bring this game to playstation 3. as far as what i would love to see in it. 1. i would like it to be like mass effect and oblivion elder scrolls 4. in this i mean the exploration of mass effect going from planet to planet. from oblivion i would like item collection. if you kill an enemy you should get every thing he is equiped with. 2. cloaks should be of choice to have hood up or down. it could even be up when you walk but if you run or battle it could fall whitch would be cool. also if you go darkside you should be given a mask or a shop decision to purchase one of your liking. also outfits should have color sceme of choice. 3. droid companions should be built by the charecter and colors should be chosen by the player or be effected by droid equipment. 4. ships you voyage in should be chosen(along with paint). and you should be able to board anothers ship and or have a space dog fight. damage to key areas would make a difference on boarding. co-op missions could be fun. maybe make your personal space change with what you do or do not. much like the up coming game fable 2. 5. lightsabers should also have there own individual look where you choose shapes and piece them together. i know all of the above are mainly cosmetic. but individuallity is a big part of life as we know it and gamers want that same representation as well as the many die hard SW fans. i could care less if reven or the apprentice is in it or not but it would make for a good adventure. however your choice for a charecter should be more than human. 6. race you choose should have abilities that only those races posses. if you are a small alien like yoda then you should be quicker in movement. or vice versa if you are large be sower but very strong. people want choice. so give us choice. lots of downloadable content. we also don't want to be limited to one save file we wanna play diffrent games at a time.[/font]

post-22554-1219478453_thumb.jpg

Now that all the TFU hype is nearly coming to a boiling point, I would think that afterwords, they'll probably announce that highly-rumored KOTOR MMO and start preparing to hype that up aswell.

After that, who knows. Maybe after that's all said and done, they'll start hyping up for a KOTOR3. We can only hope, I suppose...

Edited by jodo kast 5

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]yeah i really only have one major request. please please please bring this game to playstation 3. as far as what i would love to see in it. 1. i would like it to be like mass effect and oblivion elder scrolls 4. in this i mean the exploration of mass effect going from planet to planet. from oblivion i would like item collection. if you kill an enemy you should get every thing he is equiped with. 2. cloaks should be of choice to have hood up or down. it could even be up when you walk but if you run or battle it could fall whitch would be cool. also if you go darkside you should be given a mask or a shop decision to purchase one of your liking. also outfits should have color sceme of choice. 3. droid companions should be built by the charecter and colors should be chosen by the player or be effected by droid equipment. 4. ships you voyage in should be chosen(along with paint). and you should be able to board anothers ship and or have a space dog fight. damage to key areas would make a difference on boarding. co-op missions could be fun. maybe make your personal space change with what you do or do not. much like the up coming game fable 2. 5. lightsabers should also have there own individual look where you choose shapes and piece them together. i know all of the above are mainly cosmetic. but individuallity is a big part of life as we know it and gamers want that same representation as well as the many die hard SW fans. i could care less if reven or the apprentice is in it or not but it would make for a good adventure. however your choice for a charecter should be more than human. 6. race you choose should have abilities that only those races posses. if you are a small alien like yoda then you should be quicker in movement. or vice versa if you are large be sower but very strong. people want choice. so give us choice. lots of downloadable content. we also don't want to be limited to one save file we wanna play diffrent games at a time.[/font]
1 more thing cyborg parts espeacially if you go dark side. maybe to the extent of greivous

if you kill an enemy you should get every thing he is equiped with.

What? You do not get all the items in Oblivion, only some of them. :(

cloaks should be of choice to have hood up or down. it could even be up when you walk but if you run or battle it could fall whitch would be cool. also if you go darkside you should be given a mask or a shop decision to purchase one of your liking. also outfits should have color sceme of choice.

Well, as far as the first two Kotor games are concerned, you can mod all of those items into the game. :)

5. lightsabers should also have there own individual look where you choose shapes and piece them together.

Again, try modding if you want this in the first two games. :)

we also don't want to be limited to one save file we wanna play diffrent games at a time.

Ok.... You do know that both of the original games let you do that, right? :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

we also don't want to be limited to one save file we wanna play diffrent games at a time.

Ok.... You do know that both of the original games let you do that, right? :p

Even Xbox lets you have multiple saves. :( idk what game he played.

EDIT: And agreed: NOT to the extent of grevious. :) Horrible. Just a luke skywalker kind of thing.

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

I think having cyborg parts to the extent of Grevious would be extremely cool. Though some of these cosmetic effects should affect gameplay approiatly. Like once you become a certian percent machine, you can no longer utilize Force Lighting. If you have a robotic arm, then maybe you should have increased strength or accuracity(Stability while firing). And other such things as that.

1 i have incountered many new titles that limit your save files. 2 vader is made of many cyborg parts. 3 if im gonna play an mmorpg it should have lots of customizations installed pre exsiting in it. and 4 in oblivion the only time you dont get everything is if you fight a monster like dedroths who appear to be wearing armor but in fact are made of it. or that the weapon is physically attaced to them as in the gate keeper in shivering isles. or by the shear chance your not paying attention to the creature being a sumon. other than that you kill a knight who has full armor and a sword and a secondary weapon. you get a helmet, chest plate, gloves, pants, boots, sword, and secondary weapon.

also the mages use somoned weapons of course your not gonna get a weapon that is a spell

if you go all cyborg i think it should be something like fullmetalhallow said. how ever i think force powers may be much. vader still uses the force though his body is consisted mor than 50% cyborg parts. greivous never had the force. thats why he isn't a sith. though he was taught weapon combat by dooku. but i do think reflexes or strengths should be effected by changes to yourself of cyborg parts.

oh yeah who ever it was that had made a big fuss about moding. if im correct thats easy to do appearently on pc. however i dont play pc games. personally i think the cost and the buton system are flawed greatly. thats the reason i won't buy an xbox 360 because you have to pay a subscription and it has hd tech which already lost in appeal. blueray is alot better. plus i have always hated the controller to xbox. sure xbox has a large game catolog, and the have "free" netflix.

its not free you pay subscription. if everyone buys an xbox they are adding to the downfall of cheaper entertainment the same as those who buy pc games. also ran by microsoft.

maybe to the extent of greivous

No, I do not think that a fully-electronic Jedi, or Sith, would really be that desirable. :lol:

I'm all for modding. I love it, but I only have KotOR I for Xbox so I can't really do that. I do have KotOR II on PC so I've modded that out like there's no tomorrow! o:)

It would be cool if it was just integrated into the game. I can see your point of view, but really I think it would be neat to see them implement some more variety when creating your character without having to download a mod for it.

yeah i really only have one major request. please please please bring this game to playstation 3

As long as it comes out for Xbox/Xbox 360 too then I don't mind but I'd really rather play it on an Xbox.

Edited by Brittany

How 'bout k3 not being a MMO?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

however i dont play pc games.

Your loss, the best games of all time are, for the most part, PC exclusive. :lol:

personally i think the cost and the buton system are flawed greatly.

The mouse and keyboard are the most effective controls for almost any type of game - with the possible exception of button-mashing fighting games such as Mortal Kombat.

thats the reason i won't buy an xbox 360...

The X-Box 360 is not a PC.

its not free you pay subscription.

Only for X-Box Live, something that is not on the PC for obvious reasons.

[Edited by SteveThaiBinh to remove unconstructive comments]

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

1 i have incountered many new titles that limit your save files.

I have yet to play any recent games that have any major limitations on the amount of saves; must be a PS3 thing... o:)

you get a helmet, chest plate, gloves, pants, boots, sword, and secondary weapon.

Incorrect, there are several regularly occurring opponents who have unfindable armor unless one modifies the game to make the said NPCs drop it. :lol:

-Hurlshot

We already discussed that in the last Kotor3 thread, no need to go bringing it up again.

About the cybernetic parts, why bother? What good will it do for the player? Doesn't sound very interesting nor useful.

Edited by jodo kast 5

Yeah, well, I think the vocal majority want it not be a MMO too... :lol:

vocal minority

silent majority is ok with it

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

if everyone buys an xbox they are adding to the downfall of cheaper entertainment the same as those who buy pc games.

Ok, maybe the third time will be the charm... ;)

Anywho, I cannot understand your posting, could you maybe try again? :sorcerer:

-Hurlshot

I wouldn't call an Xbox 'cheap entertainment' considering that the 360s run around $300+ and the games themselves around $50+, that's in no way, shape or form 'cheap', unless you're loaded with cash(Which I would think that most of us are not).

I wouldn't mind PC games as much if it weren't for the fact that you have to have very specific hardware just to play the damn things, such as graphics cards, sound cards, etc..., and usually the parts you need go for $50 - $100+, which really isn't that cheap either, come to think of it.

Edited by jodo kast 5

however i dont play pc games.

Your loss, the best games of all time are, for the most part, PC exclusive. :sorcerer:

personally i think the cost and the buton system are flawed greatly.

The mouse and keyboard are the most effective controls for almost any type of game - with the possible exception of button-mashing fighting games such as Mortal Kombat.

thats the reason i won't buy an xbox 360...

The X-Box 360 is not a PC.

its not free you pay subscription.

Only for X-Box Live, something that is not on the PC for obvious reasons.

[Edited by SteveThaiBinh to remove unconstructive comments]

Thank you , someone who shares my views on the PC . I'm a PC player .

Anyway I'm new here , Hi .