Davrel's Challenge

My question is about the Battle Circle on Dxun in the Mandalorian Ruins. After you defeat Davrel (the first challenger), he challenges you again when you exit the ruins. If you refuse his challenge and don't suggest that you hunt for the zakkeg, he says he will challenge you again and that 'next time you will have no choice'.

Does he actually appear again, and has anybody had this encounter? Or is this something that has just been put in to add to the feel of the game?

I know you can kill him, but that's only if you accept his challenge. My question is about when you refuse his challenge. He claims you will have no choice the next time you challenge him, but I've never seen him again.

It's one of the quests that you can do to get Mandolare's approval. You have to had talked with the Mandolarian captain near the entrance of the camp. Ask him about the beasts in the forests and eventually he'll mention one of the biggest, the Degkalare (sp?) I think. Tell him that you will prove to him that you can kill it by bringing back its ear. When you go outside and speak with Darvel, refuse his challenge, and suggest that you and him go out and kill that beast. This will earn you light side points, as well as gain the favor of the other mandolarians in the camp. Darvel will thank you and you get more points than just simply killing him.

It's a Zakkeg. And the last time I did that, the Gate Guard wouldn't aknowledge that I completed the quest...

I think you have to talk to him about it before you go and kill it, otherwise it doesn't trigger the Captain's response.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It looks like a glitch. Something similar happened to me on one of the quests on the return to Telos. I think it was the quest where you have to stop the Sith sabotaging the fuel line. The quest was there but the description was just 'Telos:' with nothing following after.