why make Darth nihilus so weak ?

hes does one thing to me then i wasted him

i mean he wiped a entire planet somehow with the force

an entire planet snuffed out

but when i see him he does a short choke on me then collapses , then gets wasted

hes powerfull enough still to keep a wrecked star cruiser going but runs out the instant hes required to do a choke ? ! ? ! ? !

all this looming threat & suspense for what ? he was nothing , if i had my way (LOL) i would have made him into a much bigger climatic scene that required multiple playthrus to ace , much much much more dialog needed & when you finally get a hard won battle completed , guess what theres still the rest of the story to go !

He doesn't try to choke you, he tries to feed himself from your power.

Just like Visas, Kreia and Col. Tobin say, he drains other people. This worked perfectly against any other Jedi, Sith or normal being, but not against you, because you are like him.

That's the reason why he collapses and that's the reason why he is weaker than he should be.

Not to forget: There is a difference between the story and game mechanics. Story wise they can make him all-powerful, but you are supposed to beat the game without playing the main fights again and again. Every enemy might seem a bit weak, but that's nothing new, Malak was the same. It's very hard to balance someone's power in gameplay without making him either way too strong or too weak.

nihilus was weak cus... he was.. weak...

i mean, sion was pretty badass, the whole being invincable thing :-

but he's ranked like 350th strongest sith ever, i mean, thats awful, thats less than, like, ja ja binks, so i dread to think where nihilus is ranked...

i mean, the Exile can live without the force (an amazing feat for a jedi), he was a general, fought in a huge war, then, reconnected to the force and fed of other people, THEN, went onto defeat 3 sith lords (2 in a row), i mean to be honest, nihilus was no match for Exile, and it was 3 on 1 lol, silly madalore and visas :-

'I did it all for the wookies'

He doesn't try to choke you, he tries to feed himself from your power.

Just like Visas, Kreia and Col. Tobin say, he drains other people. This worked perfectly against any other Jedi, Sith or normal being, but not against you, because you are like him.

That's the reason why he collapses and that's the reason why he is weaker than he should be.

Not to forget: There is a difference between the story and game mechanics. Story wise they can make him all-powerful, but you are supposed to beat the game without playing the main fights again and again. Every enemy might seem a bit weak, but that's nothing new, Malak was the same. It's very hard to balance someone's power in gameplay without making him either way too strong or too weak.

Think of Nihilus as a "force vampire". You drains the force from force sensatives, but since you are a "hole" in the force, he expends power to feed off of you, but gets nothing, and is left weakened.

Indeed, it makes sense that with his primary method of wreaking destruction rendered virtually meaningless against you, Nihilus cannot defeat a great military veteran and Jedi/Sith of great and proven renown, reduced to more conventional modes of force-user combat.

Malak, you fought where and when he was strongest, with all factors on his side. Nihilus, you fight with all factors in your own favour.

the whole game was easy once i developed force storm, became repetitive. force storm-14 people die... force storm-15 people die... force storm-15 people die. <_<

Whats going on with tthe box to the game, Atris Fighting the Sith, and i saw wallpaper shoping her fighting Nihilis the guy that supposedly talk backwords. :lol:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

The biggest difficulty (although not really difficult after all) of the TSL bosses was their Respawning health (also main difficulty Malak). As they don't did that lousy rehealing trick with Nihilus, and made him as strong as the other bosses, it would cause him to suck...

Just like the other 2 would suck if it wasn't for their Re-Healing.

but your a Jedi with powerfull control of the force

Darth Nihilus power was a learned technique (sucking force from others) & he was so powerfull that this one man was able to make entire planets die

his power controlled him , using him as a channel to feed thru

your a strong channel of the force able to make connections with others eaisly

if anything , the playable character in Kotor-II should be even MORE suseptible to Darth Nihilus than other Jedi who cant form connections as eaisly

with you approaching Nihilus , he isnt looking at a force "black hole" that drains him uber fast

your just another living being channeling the force like any other sith or Jedi

right ?

I think it was cause Nihilius was one of the jedi that based there power around the force, so when he went to attack someone who doesnt rely on the force and actually like himself saps over people of the force he had no power >_<

but your a Jedi with powerfull control of the force

Darth Nihilus power was a learned technique (sucking force from others) & he was so powerfull that this one man was able to  make entire planets die

his power controlled him , using him as a channel to feed thru

your a strong channel of the force able to make connections with others eaisly

if anything , the  playable character in Kotor-II should be even MORE suseptible to Darth Nihilus than other Jedi who cant form connections as eaisly

with you approaching Nihilus , he isnt looking at a force "black hole" that drains him uber fast

your just another living being channeling the force like any other sith or Jedi

right ?

From what I can remember, Nihilus is pretty much like you. If you beat him and get his mask the describtion says that he was "created" at Malachor, just like you.

You are like a black hole and you don't channel the force like other force users do, Vrook tells you so much. The Exile is getting stronger by killing all the people who stand in his way, that's from one of the three Jedi masters as well.

I think idea is that Nihilus use force,to get even more force from others,to feed him. But exile was like a force syphon,he drawed force from peeps around him. So when nihilus tried to fed from exile,using his force,he got nothing in return-exile were just siphonng froce from nihilus,from his attemps to feed. Thats make some sence why Nihilus was so weak-he were already kinda "starving",thats was one of reasons he attaked Telos I think,and then exile drawned him from what force he had left.

And I think nihilus is stronger than Krea or Sion,its just lack of that lame HP replenishment,that makes him look weaker than other 2.

The Exile is getting stronger by killing all the people who stand in his way...

Its called XP!!  :blink:

Yes, that story of strenght sucking was an explanation why you got XP and level upped...

Thus in KOTOR2 they had a valid reason to give XP for killing people, unlike some other RPG's...

Guest Damar Stiehl

Nihilus should've gotten an uberpower that would'be made him stand apart. Everyone else did.

I.E. he could have an ultra-powerful Force Drain that he could use on you to both strip you of the Force buffs AND whack your Force Points.

After all, the other two Sithlords got distinguishing features...

It would have been a very brave move to make the boss fight a long cut-scene with no interaction from you at all. I'm mean, the fun for me is the story, and varied combat against different enemies. Beating Malak, however, was just repetative and very "unepic". If it was a cut scene, it could truely involve an epic duel, worthy of the power of both you and the end boss.

It would have been a very brave move to make the boss fight a long cut-scene with no interaction from you at all.  I'm mean, the fun for me is the story, and varied combat against different enemies.  Beating Malak, however, was just repetative and very "unepic".  If it was a cut scene, it could truely involve an epic duel, worthy of the power of both you and the end boss.

Yah, Insult "Lightsaber" Fighting comes to mind... (w00t)

H

Nihilus should've gotten an uberpower that would'be made him stand apart. Everyone else did.

I.E. he could have an ultra-powerful Force Drain that he could use on you to both strip you of the Force buffs AND whack your Force Points.

After all, the other two Sithlords got distinguishing features...

You can't drain something that isn't there. He could have drained his "slaves", but that would have been like Malak and similar to Sion.

Not everybody needs a special force power that works on everybody. Making him a bit stronger would have been enough. Then Visas trying to disconnect him would truly have meant something instead of saving his ass while he got beaten.

An example of the Revan-Malak fight like FaramirK wants it o:) :

R: "I am here to take over the Star Forge, Malak"

M: "Oh, Yeah? Try"

R: "You're padawan wears a toupe!"

M: "I am ruber, you are glue"

M: "By the way, that ain't true"

R: "Oh, yes it is"

*R takes DB out of his pocket and trows it infront of M*

*R start pulling at DB's hair*

R: "Wow, did he glued it?"

*Continues*

R: "I want a toupe like that too when I lost my hair"

*Continues*

R: "Damn, it is awfull stuck. Ah, finnally"

*Throws DB's toupe infront of M

M: "Oh, Revan, you were right, you always were the strongest. I am sorry I doubted you're power. Please kill me quick and painless..."

R: "As you wish, Malak, prepare to die..."

*Ignites lightsaber*

M: "Before you kill me, know this, I am you're babies father"

R: "But I am a male!"

M: "Yes, I always knew you could be governor"

R: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

R: "This can't be true, say you're lying, Malak"

*M falls down dead*

R: "NOOOO, my deadly insult killed him too soon, now I will never know the truth"

*Credits*

Well, for the Mod teams that are acctually trying to get the cutted stuff, perhaps they could bring some effort on making Nihilus acctually a challange, I mean, also make Visas sacrifice mean something. Anyway just my opinion...

U RETARDS NIHILUS WAS WEAK BECAUSE HE WAS STARVING!

WITH ALL THE FORCE USERS GONE, HE WAS DESPERATE THATS WHY HE ATTACKED TELOS CUZ KREIA TOLD HIM THERE WERE JEDI THERE

im gettin tired of explainin this. and i saw someone say earlier that he could use a power to hack at ur force points, its not possible to do that cuz ur pc is a void in the force, like a black hole that drags everything it can

-force energy from killin ppl-

and nihilus couldnt take any, so his power to take force was vaccumed out so he couldnt use it.

U RETARDS NIHILUS WAS WEAK BECAUSE HE WAS STARVING!

WITH ALL THE FORCE USERS GONE, HE WAS DESPERATE THATS WHY HE ATTACKED TELOS CUZ KREIA TOLD HIM THERE WERE JEDI THERE

im gettin tired of explainin this. and i saw someone say earlier that he could use a power to hack at ur force points, its not possible to do that cuz ur pc is a void in the force, like a black hole that drags everything it can

-force energy from killin ppl-

and nihilus couldnt take any, so his power to take force was vaccumed out so he couldnt use it.

That makes perfect sense, despite the proliferation of Caps Lock. I actually applaud them for boldly weakening a boss fight for stories sake, rather than just making one more long tedious fight.

Personally I would have had the Nihilus fight be done entirely through dialog. It could have been pretty interesting. Also tying in an event such as his slowly draining Mandalore and Visas would have shown that he's a threat to pretty much everyone but you.