cane

Too easy to increase dispositions and too difficult to increase companion reputation?

I have a lot of maxed dispositions and a lot of them have gone up despite me playing super good (I'm Cruel:1 for some reason) meanwhile my companions struggle to go up in reputation. A lot of them are stuck at 1 despite me pleasing them in every other conversation option.

Is there some bug I'm unaware of or is the system just a bit flawed?

You pretty much get +1 to them for doing their quests and another +1 for agreeing with them or making them laugh for a few dialogue (like 5-6?). Only Aloth is hard because he's bugged.

I still haven't figured out how my Kind Wayfarer is shady. I have done zero backroom deals, and I have a significant honest reputation.

Dispositions have theorhetically been fixed in the patch that just dropped, I believe companion relations are pending.

That's nice and all expect the change isn't retroactive...

Sacrificing a companion to this shrine provides you the Effigy Doll item. It's a one-use item, summoning a creature called the Effigy of Skaen. It's a little underwhelming for the loss of a companion.

For those looking for the island:

It's located slightly north-east of Poko Kohara, area is called Wapua Jungle.