Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Too easy to increase dispositions and too difficult to increase companion reputation?

disposition reputation companion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cane

cane

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I have a lot of maxed dispositions and a lot of them have gone up despite me playing super good (I'm Cruel:1 for some reason) meanwhile my companions struggle to go up in reputation. A lot of them are stuck at 1 despite me pleasing them in every other conversation option.

Is there some bug I'm unaware of or is the system just a bit flawed?

Zeitzbach

Zeitzbach

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 336 posts

You pretty much get +1 to them for doing their quests and another +1 for agreeing with them or making them laugh for a few dialogue (like 5-6?). Only Aloth is hard because he's bugged.

ThacoBell

ThacoBell

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

I still haven't figured out how my Kind Wayfarer is shady. I have done zero backroom deals, and I have a significant honest reputation.

Aotrs Commander

Aotrs Commander

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Dispositions have theorhetically been fixed in the patch that just dropped, I believe companion relations are pending.

cane

cane

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Dispositions have theorhetically been fixed in the patch that just dropped, I believe companion relations are pending.

That's nice and all expect the change isn't retroactive...

VXer

VXer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:VXer

Sacrificing a companion to this shrine provides you the Effigy Doll item. It's a one-use item, summoning a creature called the Effigy of Skaen. It's a little underwhelming for the loss of a companion.

For those looking for the island:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disposition, reputation, companion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users