Formations in street encounters

meixie

Question

The random street encounters in Neketaka are pretty cool. But every single one seems to ignore my party's chosen formation and instead have them appear in block formation. Usually it's reversed so that Eder and my offtank are towards the back of the group.

Every fight starts then with enemies going right after my squishies (who are now in the front of my party), completely ignoring my tanks and my attempts to Engage them. Some of these fights are harder than dungeons as a result because I have to spend the first minute trying to keep backliners alive.

I don't know if this is a bug, but it's certainly an issue.

3 answers to this question

Not the OP, but yes, 1.1 still throws your party into random configurations for some of the “cutscene” interactions (not scripted interactions). Possibly related: the party configuration button frequently does not match the actual party configuration (it seems to want to default to the first icon, regardless of how the party is set up)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."