Possible bug for Aloth and Huana quests

shinenyuri

Question

In the middle of doing Aloth's quest and following Onekaza's advice, I went to the island of Ori o Koiki and had to talk to Ruasare there. Because before this I had finished all faction quests (except for Huana's it seems) related to slavery, and had resorted to freeing the slaves and killing the slavery lord there, she stopped talking to me after she mentioned the Rauatai ships surrounding Crooksbuch. Guess I fail negotiations then.

I go back to Onekaza and she doesn't have any new dialogue. On top of this, Aloth says nothing. After searching, I find that I'm either supposed to plant a bomb or plant an infected koiki to have Ruasare killed and then see her soul for Aloth's companion quest, but after doing so and waiting a long time nothing ever happens, she just never moves from the chair, and I'm left with nothing to do.

I think it's also important to note that while I think Fruitful Alliance is the quest related to Huana that allows me access to Ori o Koiki, I believe Onekaza never actually gave me such a quest, she just warned me about the Wahaki. And even if she gave it to me, it doesn't appear completed nor in progress either.

5 answers to this question

Similar issue here. The Queen told me about the Wahakis several times but never actually gave me the quest "A Fruitful Alliance", which means she never told me the password so the Wahakis turn hostile instantly.

I never had an option to use the pass phrase. I told the lookout on the cliff that I wanted to learn about their history and she let me in. I think the quest doesn’t progress if you don’t use the pass phrase. I told her that I already killed the slavers and she agreed to an alliance. I also read her soul (you do not have to kill her to do that) and completed Aloths quest but Fruitful Alliance quest still says I need to use the pass phrase.

I never had an option to use the pass phrase. I told the lookout on the cliff that I wanted to learn about their history and she let me in. I think the quest doesn’t progress if you don’t use the pass phrase. I told her that I already killed the slavers and she agreed to an alliance. I also read her soul (you do not have to kill her to do that) and completed Aloths quest but Fruitful Alliance quest still says I need to use the pass phrase.

Strange, I told her I already killed the slavers and was not granted the alliance. I was able to use the passphrase though.