Is there a rare gem vendor somewhere in the game?

Hey everyone,

My current party is around level 14 now and has almost cleared the southern half of the world map. I currently run into the issue that I severely lack gems to upgrade my stuff further. Specifically, pyrite/emerald/mother of pearls. Does anyone know If I can buy this somewhere?

Kind regards!

Hey everyone,

My current party is around level 14 now and has almost cleared the southern half of the world map. I currently run into the issue that I severely lack gems to upgrade my stuff further. Specifically, pyrite/emerald/mother of pearls. Does anyone know If I can buy this somewhere?

Kind regards!

I think the 'treasure trove' (?) in Dunnage / Radiant Court sells some of them.

Can we have a mod just constantly moving spoiler-requesting posts to a more appropriate forum? It's getting tiresome when you want to help but don't want to break rules. I'm spoiler tagging, for what it's worth.

There is a small stall at the entrance of the palace district, I remember seeing mother of pearls there.

Had anyone found black pearls???
I need one to uncurse a special sword...

There's a guy at the Dunnage inn who swallowed a black pearl to keep it from getting stolen. If you help him get it out of his body, it's yours.

Also in Dunnage, at the Radiant Court, there's a bounty hunter whose marks carry pieces of a treasure map. If you assemble it, it'll point the way to a treasure I believe holds two black pearls, among other things.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

The lack of pyrite is doing my nut a bit.

Mats being finite to get to legendary teir I have no problem with but superb is a bit harsh.

Not a vendor but I've looted multiple pyrites after naval combats. 

Can we have a mod just constantly moving spoiler-requesting posts to a more appropriate forum? It's getting tiresome when you want to help but don't want to break rules. I'm spoiler tagging, for what it's worth.

There is a small stall at the entrance of the palace district, I remember seeing mother of pearls there.

There's a guy at the Dunnage inn who swallowed a black pearl to keep it from getting stolen. If you help him get it out of his body, it's yours.

Also in Dunnage, at the Radiant Court, there's a bounty hunter whose marks carry pieces of a treasure map. If you assemble it, it'll point the way to a treasure I believe holds two black pearls, among other things.

Well, I made a similar post earlier in the non spoiler section and was told it probably didn't count as spoilers. Oh well. I'll go back there next time. 

Well, I made a similar post earlier in the non spoiler section and was told it probably didn't count as spoilers. Oh well. I'll go back there next time. 

This entire section is flagged as spoiler warning.  If someone is in this section of the forums and is complaining about spoilers then that's on them not you.  If you're worried about posting spoilers keep posting here you're in the right area they are not.  

• 2 years later...

You can export a low level character with those rare gems. If you hire that character into your other savegame's party (with items of course) it will cost money but you'll have those gems. It's like a shop basically but instead of buying the gems directly you buy the guy who has them. ;) Plus: you can do that in any tavern, port etc. 

You have to export from an uncheated run though. If you obtained the gems with the help of the console and then export them, that character will get marked as cheated. If you import him your game will be marked as cheated as well. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods