Fighter/Paladin is bonkers. Stacking +20 defense to all afflictions, +21 all saves, and +20 defenses with vigorous defense is nuts. Tons of self heal and you have so much defense that you can easily get away with using a 2hander with cleave (as of right now you can get the axe without actually fighting the grub).

Might, dex, int + moon godlike is the way to go i think, devoted with whatever weapon, goldpact is super strong with repeated armor buffs as you don't take many hits, and kind wayfarer is strong with the heal. The brigandine that gives attack speed with every engage + defender stance is really strong for survivability and damage. 

I agree with that. Fighter/Kind Wayfarer would be ez mode to solo. Early levels Paladin heals + Constant Recovery will easly keep you up in early game hard solo fights. Later when you get Vigorous Defense and Unbending + gear it would be walking tank. And Two Weapons with Cleave stance would also be nice. Though I would not take Devoted as there is too many good weapons to restrict yourself to one imo. I would probaly get pure Fighter here or Unbroken to combo with Kind Wayfarer.

Though it can be also quite boring to play as :D. I don't like solo with pure melee builds in isometric RPGs- they are very (for me) boring to play as :D

So what do you feel is better late game, Beckoner or Troubadour?

Fighter/Paladin is bonkers. Stacking +20 defense to all afflictions, +21 all saves, and +20 defenses with vigorous defense is nuts. Tons of self heal and you have so much defense that you can easily get away with using a 2hander with cleave (as of right now you can get the axe without actually fighting the grub).

Might, dex, int + moon godlike is the way to go i think, devoted with whatever weapon, goldpact is super strong with repeated armor buffs as you don't take many hits, and kind wayfarer is strong with the heal. The brigandine that gives attack speed with every engage + defender stance is really strong for survivability and damage. 

I agree with that. Fighter/Kind Wayfarer would be ez mode to solo. Early levels Paladin heals + Constant Recovery will easly keep you up in early game hard solo fights. Later when you get Vigorous Defense and Unbending + gear it would be walking tank. And Two Weapons with Cleave stance would also be nice. Though I would not take Devoted as there is too many good weapons to restrict yourself to one imo. I would probaly get pure Fighter here or Unbroken to combo with Kind Wayfarer.

Though it can be also quite boring to play as :D. I don't like solo with pure melee builds in isometric RPGs- they are very (for me) boring to play as :D

So what do you feel is better late game, Beckoner or Troubadour?

In Party scenario where you can just cast things from behind tanks line I think Beconer is little stronger because he pretty much has no downside. But Troubadour with + Her Courage on Brisk modal and crazy Phrases building is close. 

For solo or front line build- Troubadour hands down. Unless Berserker- then Skald

Edited by Voltron

@Voltron I went with Beckoner/Shieldbearer. I don't know if this is a downgrade but I'm really liking it so far. I dumped Per and went full defences/might. This allows me to be tanky enough to channel my summons. I hope it won't be a downgrade late game compared to troubadour but all these summons make me into a killing machine while being extreamly tanky even in the early game. Soloing and did not have to sneak past any fights so far

I think dumping perception on a solo run can be really painful, because you can not see traps. If there are no unavoidable instant death traps you can get away with it. If not then keeping perception at 10 and taking drugs like Snef for traps in these cases should be better.

@Voltron I went with Beckoner/Shieldbearer. I don't know if this is a downgrade but I'm really liking it so far. I dumped Per and went full defences/might. This allows me to be tanky enough to channel my summons. I hope it won't be a downgrade late game compared to troubadour but all these summons make me into a killing machine while being extreamly tanky even in the early game. Soloing and did not have to sneak past any fights so far

I would not dump Perception. Keep it at least on 10. 

Shieldbearer is also good, though FOD heal saved me couple of times. Beckoner is not bad, it's like pure Chanter +. I just think that Kind Wayfarer FOD give better benefit then Shieldbearer and I think on solo Two Weapons Style is important to finish fights before your buffs/invocations run out or at least as fast as possible as on solo (especially as Paladin) you need to max dps. With fighter it's little better as you have cleave stance so while your dps is not big, you at least damage damage group of enemies.

Just my few cents. But Paladin/Beaconer should work too.

makes me sad no one is talking cypher. Poor cypher.

I've been playing a solo soulblade goldpact.

Extremely high DPS, but as with all melee - some encounters are very tough.  I'm in dreadfort and think I might pass while I try and get another level/an idol.  I doubt my ability to get through that lower docks right (I think there are around 10 enemies with a mix of casters, ranged, and melee.).

Still working it out, but probably highest single target damage in the game.