Completely in the dark

Raphvev

Question

Description:

The game appears very dark most of the time, in particular in dungeons/houses. Lots of icons do not appear for powers. Smoke and other similar effects appear in the form of large black squares.

Output Log

I did not find any log file in my game folders, I use GOG version

System Specs

Linux, for detailsI used the gog provided script, see .html attached

Screenshots

Attached

HAL-9000_08_40_12_05_2018.html

post-212068-0-52077600-1526108692_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Have you disabled "Miscellaneous" in the graphics options? I find that when I enable it, I get the dynamic lighting that seems to be crucial especially for the dark areas like dungeons. I don't know the specifics, but it seems like that maps in Deadfire are able to be lighted by dynamic sources (torches, etc) which is very pretty, but the maps don't seem to have much of an inherent "lighting". Again, this seems to be the case for darker areas like dungeons in particular.

I use linux with intel HD graphics... the game is much darker in dungeons than PoE 1 but as it was - at least for me - only inside areas I  thought it was by design to encourage people to use torches. or xoti's lantern.

The map always shows everything in fully lit so you can always switch to the map if you can't see 5h!t - which is often the case in the dungeons

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

So, version 1.02 did not change anything, neither playing around with the different graphics options.

However, I just installed ubuntu 18.04 and now that works! I can see everything.

Game is pretty slow still, I will see how much can be gained with options.