Modwyr Quest Bugged?

PixelBear

Question

Im told that i need to find Yngfrith in Dunnage. I searched everywhere and couldnt find her, and after looking online found that shes supposed to be in the Balefire Beacon but shes nowhere to be found. 

Even more strangely if i get into a fight modwyr completes the speak with yngfrith quest and tells me to speak with modwyr again but when i do she has nothing new to say.

9 answers to this question

I'm playing on the GOG version and I'm having the same problem, I've seen in videos that she should hang around the bar in Radiant Court (Dunnage) but she's nowhere to be found; and as you said now if kill anyone the quest completely breaks, the situation is quite frustrating as it forces me to either stop playing till the problem is fixed or keep playing and lose this quest...

Ok so I found her just to the right of the bar BUT im 100% positive that she wasnt there the other times i looked. My best guess is its related to time of day because i think this is the only time i've checked in the middle of the day. Theres 3 other people walking around the bar at the moment.

Ok so I found her just to the right of the bar BUT im 100% positive that she wasnt there the other times i looked. My best guess is its related to time of day because i think this is the only time i've checked in the middle of the day. Theres 3 other people walking around the bar at the moment.

I don't think that it's time related as I basically stakeout the bar for a whole day to see if she would show up and unfortunately she didn't... Can you think about anything that you have done that could have fixed the issue? 

Edited by HAL9000

May

I don't think that it's time related as I basically stakeout the bar for a whole day to see if she would show up and unfortunately she didn't... Can you think about anything that you have done that could have fixed the issue? 

Maybe you need to soulbind the weapon and do some levelling of your bond? I wasn't even looking for the owner and randomly found her there. I did level the sword a bit before. I'm not sure, if this is the solution.

So I found this in the steam communities, tested it and it worked for me. Basically you just unequip the sword and then enter Dunnage.

I found that having the sword equippped after it reached the "Talk to Yngfrith" stage of the binding made it level up again and then it was just sort of stuck. I reloaded that and had it unequiped until I could make my way to Dunnage and that worked out. 

So I found this in the steam communities, tested it and it worked for me. Basically you just unequip the sword and then enter Dunnage.

I found that having the sword equippped after it reached the "Talk to Yngfrith" stage of the binding made it level up again and then it was just sort of stuck. I reloaded that and had it unequiped until I could make my way to Dunnage and that worked out. 

THANK YOU! It never crossed my mind that I had to unequip the sword, thanks to you I was finally able to finish the quest!

Hello All,

Thank you for the support in getting this worked out! I do think it still needs to be logged to work while equipped, so Ill ensure the case is bugged so the devs can look into it.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...