Since it is different from pure powerbuilds I want to create sperate thread to gather your experience about this topic.

I will share so far my unkillable Votary build (it has two version, still testing which I like more). Still testing stuff around but general idea works so far really well.

Version one - Pillar:

Race: Moon Godlike

Class: Votray (Shattered Pillar Monk/Kind Wayfarer Paladin)

Stats Might 17, Con 7, Dex 14, Perc 16, Int 14, Res 10

Start with: Swift Flurry, Lay On Hands.

Version two- Helwalker

Same but with Helwalker to take advantage of high might= high heal transfer and boost damage at the same time.

So the general idea is to stack as much healing as possible: we have Silver Tide from Moonlike, White Flames from Flames of Devotion, Lay on Hands + Second Wind from the start. Which is why we can get away with low Constitution. The amount of healing is really huge. Later the game it's even better once we grab Greater Lay Hands and Practiced Healer.

This combines well with monk high DPS from Swift Flurry, Turning Wheel and Torment Reach, which gives us strong AOE and later AOE stun vs enemies. Paladin provides healing, Flames of Devotion for single target burst (Full attack so works best with Two Weapon Style and so with fists) and great passive bonuses to all defenses and resistances to various bad things.

Also once we Grab Aura of Focus we have +5 accuracy perma and FOD gives +10 acc anyway. With upgrade and Uncanny Luck we will also have 10% Hits to Crit, which is not a lot but this is not DPS build. The idea is to ensure we can tank through game while still doing very good damage.

Now, the version with Pillar is easier as we have constant Wounds to spam Torment Reach and still have decent bonus from Turning wheel and good heal.

The Helwalker version is more risky as you take more damage but you also heal much more due to +1 Might per Wound which can generate insane healing. But at the same time we take 5% more damage per Wound and deal more damage. On Max Wounds we will also deal 50% dmg as fire from Turning Wheel as opposed to Pillar 25% on Max Wounds. Still don't know if its worth over Pillar. I just like Wound Generation from doing damage instead of taking it.

What are your so far solo builds for PotD?

Please remember I don't talk about builds that can one-shot boss. I talk about builds that can survive soloing a lot of group fights and encounters in game.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

To be honest, I don't find torment's reach to be a good aoe, a good aoe cc for sure, but not a good aoe dps skill. The damage itself is abysmal since only the bonus dmg splashes and not your actual attack damage. Plus, mobs tend to encircle you during solo fights.

Pure wizard seems viable, bit hard at the beginning but should be faceroll towards the end with empower cheese.

Chanter of pretty much any configuration, they all seem OP. Troubadour, Beckoner, multiclass skald.

Fighter + whatever, cleave and charge are as OP as it gets. Fighter + paladin is the most zzzzz option, huge constant self heal with constant recovery and healing aura upgrade, as well as a ton of defenses and pretty much immunity to most dangerous afflictions.

I haven't tried it yet (I want to finish my party playthrough first), but I'm curious to try a Wizard/Berserker solo run, seems like it'd be quite fun. You could buff yourself up with Vital Essence and Llengrath's Displaced Image for survivability and Bulwark against the Elements and Minor Arcane Reflection could be situationally helpful as well. Berserker just provides a ton of damage an a bit of tankiness as well (+armor rating). I'd like to try it with a 2-handed weapon since Barbarians have access to a lot of free action speed and just because I haven't been able to make use of the unique 2-handers I've found in my current run. Especially Whispers of the Endless Paths could be great or that Pollaxe that also has AoE damage and makes you invulnerable while in the attack animation, it's a shame Blood Thirst only comes at PL7 because that makes everything so much better. Probably not the best build overall (dual martial classes tend to be better, Wizard/Devoted is probably also better), but you do have some flexibility in the answers you have for encounters if you know what you're facing. 

Edited by Vastus

Went ahead last night and made a solo character, inspiried by Voltron but a bit different take on it.
Difficulty: POTD, Level scaling on all and only upwards.

Race: Moon Godlike

Class: Fanatic (Berserker Barbarian/Kind Wayfarer Paladin)

Stats Might 18, Con 13, Dex 7, Perc 19, Int 11, Res 8

Start with: Frenzy and FOD

Berath's Blessing: 50k gold, Bonus Vendor, Start at lvl 4 and Ship upgrade

I did take advantage of Berath's Blessing just to make the start a bit more interesting instead of just Auto attacking my way through the first few levels.

The idea is to combine toughness with damage. Carnage in combination with FOD is a great starting point damage-wise, at the start until you reach Mental fortress or a certain

weapon that makes you immune to confusion it takes great care not to pop Frenzy at the wrong time and healing the enemies with FOD/Silver Tide. However with access to both
the Barbarian and Paladin passives you get a lot of toughness. Currently I'm running with two sabers but whatever combination would probably work, I just prefer the higher damage.

Street fighter + wizard

Max might, min dex, max perception, rest whatever. Dual blunderbuss. Powderburns causes the street fighter bonuses to go off(distracted), mage for your survivability.

• Like 1

Street fighter + wizard

Max might, min dex, max perception, rest whatever. Dual blunderbuss. Powderburns causes the street fighter bonuses to go off(distracted), mage for your survivability.

Whats the reasoning behind min dex if you dont mind me asking