Fixes to the Patch Beta Build

SChin

Question

Hello fellow Watchers! 

As you may know, we put out a new Patch Beta branch that has our latest fixes for anyone who wants to take advantage of those fixes sooner rather than later.  Your save files will work for this branch, so there is no need to start a new game unless you desire to do so.  Please feel free to continue to post any bugs you may notice that have not already been reported.  Your help finding bugs and giving us feedback has been tremendously helpful and has helped make Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire  to be an amazing game!

These are the update notes for Beta Build 71.

Major Fixes

• Fixed mouse functionality issue for users who had their Windows language setting on something other than English.
  • Crew members on Story difficulty can now be killed if they mutiny.
  • Watchers who are hostile to the pirates of Fort Deadlight will find the door to the Court open to prevent the NPCs keeping them in combat without being able to be engaged.
  • Watchers are now able to subdue Scyorielaphas even if all the wards are destroyed.
  • Change to the Pillars 1 history creator now removes options from the list once a choice has been made to prevent confusion.

Companions/Crew

• Eder's end game state from Pillars 1 has been fixed.
  • Watchers who took the baby orlan in Pillars 1 will now see her in Vilario's Rest.

Audio

• Various VO fixes to the Vox Machina voice sets.

Miscellaneous

• Gold, Greed, and Guts achievement should now unlock. (You need only load a save that completed the requirements)
  • Various Credit fixes.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 73.

Major Fixes

• Watchers were unable to set or save cloned AI behaviors properly for some classes.  This put the game into a bad state that would delete quick saves upon area transition.

Audio

• Various VO fixes to Xoti and Vox Machina voice sets.

Miscellaneous

• Various Credit fixes.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 78 - Mac Only.

Major Fixes

• Potential Shader fixes that were causing black screens on Mac's with Intel integrated graphics cards.
    • Please let us know if this issue is still occurring on your machine (and what graphics card you have) or if you spot this happening in a particular scene. We have fixed (globally) all instances issue of this we could find, but we are sending this fix to the beta branch before exhaustively testing every scene in the game.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 82

Major Fixes

• Fixed a permissions issue that was blocking some players from loading saves.
  • Fixed a combat related memory leak (should improve some FPS on long play sessions)

These are the update notes for Beta Build 86

Major Fixes

• Fixed a bug preventing level scaling from activating correctly.
  • Resolved a Pillars I Import issue that was assigning incorrect values to decisions.
    • This should resolve the issue with Eder mentioning being part of the Night Market instead of the Mayor. This will not update which item he has for existing saves however.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 89

Major Fixes

• Player Dispositions should change less drastically for small decisions.

Miscellaneous

• Custom AI settings should now save changes when adding new conditionals or abilities.
Edited by David Benefield
Noting the fixes from Build 89
  • Like 23

The beta patch prevents me from using DSR to downsample. I can select other resolutions but it will stay 1080p regardless. Opted out and i can downsample again. It also lowers my fps on the world map which hovers around 40-50 and drops further whenever i move the camera. 

That also stops happening when i opt out and is locked at constant 60 fps in the release version. 

Edited by _teknikz

Tried the patch on my current saved game, Vela was nowhere to be found.

Created a new game, found her on the beach, kept on playing until you have access to the ship and she has now disappeared again.

She seems to move at random to talk with companions and other crew members.

Is there an ETA on a fix for the issue some of us having where the game freezes on entering the Engwithan dig site sub-level? I've seen it mentioned here, on reddit, and on the steam forum, and hitting a hard progression block less than two hours in is a real bummer.

People found a workaround in this thread:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97587-entering-engwithan-digsite-arena-sub-level-causes-freeze/

And Caleb said in another thread that they are looking into it:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97852-black-screen-at-arena-sub-level-in-engwithan-digsite/

She seems to move at random to talk with companions and other crew members.

Just checked again just to make sure, left the area and came back multiple times, switched party members around, still not there sadly.

Was reading about this on reddit and apparently for some people it now works and for others it doesn't. Probably related to some other choice if I had to guess.

Edit: After picking up Serafen she now shows up... Guess he's needed for her to show up for some reason.

Edited by Bamboodel

I met Aloth for the first time on the one save I had with the fixed Eder. His import is working properly. He was set to dismantle the Leaden Key and is all set in that regard. I'm not seeing any other import weirdness, unless Eder isn't supposed to react to anti-Eothasian behavior if he had become mayor.

Played about 4 hours, went sailing, did Deadlight, recruited Serafen. No issues in the beta patch, so the build seems stable!

I met Aloth for the first time on the one save I had with the fixed Eder. His import is working properly. He was set to dismantle the Leaden Key and is all set in that regard. I'm not seeing any other import weirdness, unless Eder isn't supposed to react to anti-Eothasian behavior if he had become mayor.

Played about 4 hours, went sailing, did Deadlight, recruited Serafen. No issues in the beta patch, so the build seems stable!

There seems to be different bugs for everyone, I still can't get Eder to work! he is still night marked, but its fine since I am sure they will fix this in the upcoming patch next week. You might see other mishaps later on in your journey and that is why I will refrain from playing until its resolved.

• Like 1

I've tried about everything I can think of. Restarted the game, tried both pre-made histories and making my own history, etc. Eder is stuck saying he went to see his parents no matter what choice I pick for him.

However in his inventory he has the night market medallion.

Really hope they can get this ironed out for those of us who still have him bugged out.

• Like 1

I've tried about everything I can think of. Restarted the game, tried both pre-made histories and making my own history, etc. Eder is stuck saying he went to see his parents no matter what choice I pick for him.

Really hope they can get this ironed out for those of us who still have him bugged out.

It should all be fixed in the next patch. If story and choices matters to people I advice them to refrain from playing until that patch

The AI script editor still bugged in latest beta release (73).

Not all changes are saved after editing, for example - could not move Death Ring spell to another condition (Self: Enemies in melee range > 0 without Not) on my Aloth wizard, it deletes but didn`t shows up in the new place!

Hello fellow Watchers! 

As you may know, we put out a new Patch Beta branch that has our latest fixes for anyone who wants to take advantage of those fixes sooner rather than later.  Your save files will work for this branch, so there is no need to start a new game unless you desire to do so.  Please feel free to continue to post any bugs you may notice that have not already been reported.  Your help finding bugs and giving us feedback has been tremendously helpful and has helped make Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire  to be an amazing game!

Major Fixes

• Fixed mouse functionality issue for users who had their Windows language setting on something other than English.
  • Watchers who are hostile to the pirates of Fort Deadlight will find the door to the Court open to prevent the NPCs keeping them in combat without being able to be engaged.
  • Watchers are now able to subdue Scyorielaphas even if all the wards are destroyed.
  • Change to the Pillars 1 history creator now removes options from the list once a choice has been made to prevent confusion.

Companions/Crew

• Watchers who took the baby orlan in Pillars 1 will now see her in Vilario's Rest.

Audio

Miscellaneous

• Various Credit fixes.

Major Fixes

• Watchers were unable to set or save cloned AI behaviors properly for some classes.  This put the game into a bad state that would delete quick saves upon area transition.

Audio

Miscellaneous

• Various Credit fixes.

Major Fixes

• Potential Shader fixes that were causing black screens on Mac's with Intel integrated graphics cards.
    • Please let us know if this issue is still occurring on your machine (and what graphics card you have) or if you spot this happening in a particular scene. We have fixed (globally) all instances issue of this we could find, but we are sending this fix to the beta branch before exhaustively testing every scene in the game.

Are these all fixes or just highlights? Aloth, Pallegina and dispositions are still broken right? Anyone who cares about the narrative still can't really play.

For me, the custom world-state variant of Eder is still bugged. I have him selected to be part of the Night Market, but the game is treating him as though he went to visit his parents in Aedyr.

He does have the Night Market amulet though, so I'm not sure if the entire character quest is bugged or just dialog.

Hello fellow Watchers! 

Major Fixes

Companions/Crew

Audio

Miscellaneous

• Various Credit fixes.

Major Fixes

Audio

Miscellaneous

• Various Credit fixes.

Major Fixes

Are these all fixes or just highlights? Aloth, Pallegina and dispositions are still broken right? Anyone who cares about the narrative still can't really play.

If you're talking about the Kind Wayfarer ending, it's not a bug, it's a retcon. KF ending now = soldier ending.

I actually haven't started yet as I'm worried about the beta patch. Good to hear about Pallegina but I was also reading about Aloth and late game dispositions not working properly.

If I do the beta build and Tuesday would like the stable version do I just opt out and wait for the stable version to update? Will my saves work "forward" and "back"?

Edited by SummerAnne58

It should all be fixed in the next patch. If story and choices matters to people I advice them to refrain from playing until that patch

What I'm saying is with this beta patch it's still bugged out for me, so what are the chances it'll be fixed in the live version unless something has changed from the beta patch to the live version.

What I'm saying is with this beta patch it's still bugged out for me, so what are the chances it'll be fixed in the live version unless something has changed from the beta patch to the live version.

They said they will address it in the live patch on tuesday! The beta patch exist to test if they fixed stuff. I am certain they will fix the Eder problem.

Yeah, I'm hoping they get that sorted out. I'm in the same boat. 

I downloaded the beta to see if it would fix the Mac black screen issue, and it... sort of did? It let me get through character creation this time, but when I finished all my selections the game crashed basically the second I hit the select button on my character's pose.

Do I have to manually download the beta build 78 patch? Im on McBook pro and still cant get past Not Responsive black screen after the prologue. What do I have to do to play this game?

The unfriendly but still correct answer could be "Bootcamp" you have a PC, the only thing mac about it is your OS and design.

The friendly and my geniune advice. Wait for the patch tomorrow and don't bother with the beta patch! because the beta patch is still flawed and was used to test, some issues was resolved however, but since the patch is tommorow just wait for it.

• Like 1

For me, I'm still having the issue with Eder where he joins the night market, even though he went to Dyrford in my Pillars 1 save. Also Vela is still nowhere to be seen, even though I did take her in 1. I tried re-importing, going back to pillars 1 and generating a new endgame save and importing that, validating my steam files and trying to import after that, and nothing worked for me.

I appreciate the work y'all are doing, but unfortunately the game remains a little broken for me. Hopefully the official patch tomorrow works a little better.