problems with talent tree preview

Madscientist

Question

I was looking into character creation. There are some problems:

- Some subclasses cannot learn some abilities of the base class. For example black jacket do not have constant recovery, ghost heart rangers cannot heal their pet and specialized wizards lose 2 spell schools. (There may be others).

The talent tree preview shows these abilities for those classes.

expected behaviour: Abilities that cannot be learned by a class should be grayed out to make sure what you are missing when selecting this class.

- Berserker barbariens do not have spirit frenzy and the upgrades of blood frenzy and spirit frenzy in their talent tree.

expected behaviour: When berserkers can learn these abilities they should be shown in the talent tree preview. When they cannot learn them, this should be written in the class description (But I see no reason why berserkers should not be able to upgrade frenzy.)

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

One more thing:

Some subclasses change the costs for some abilities. ( chanter subclasses, corpse eater, soul blade, maybe others too).

The talent tree preview shows always the default costs.

expected behaviour:

You should see the actual costs for that ability for that class when you look at the talent tree.

PS:

I think the berserker bug is new, but I have already posted the other bugs for all versions of the beta.

How can players create a char when the information in the talent tree is wrong?

I am having this bug and have posted a separate thread. I haven't checked in the game yet if it's a display bug or an intended change but I agree completely that it should be laid out as part of the penalty for the class (this one in particular seems way outside the bounds of any of the other melee subclass penalties and really everything except the wizard schools (which are there for flavor and clearly indicated))

There was another thing:

In the character creation the favoured and disfavoured dispositions of paladins and priests were not shown.

This way players will find some of their abilities getting stronger or weaker and they have no idea why.

note: I looked at the character creation of the full game only in german so far, but the bug was already in the beta which was english only.

I have to look in the game again later.