German localization as bad as in PoE 1:

LostHero

Question

€dit:

Didn't saw this thead with the same topic: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97581-german-translation-problems/

So ignore my thread because the other one has more informations.

/€dit

Original Post:

Hello there,

although the game looks awesome overall i have to make a little complaint:

The german localization (Text) is really terrible. It even has THE SAME issues it had in PoE 1 concerning the names of many items.

For example:

A (Battle)Staff (in German "Kampfstab" or "Stab") is named "Entschlossenheit +3" or "Wahrnehmung +2" which indicates that they would boost your stats (like Perception). But they don't (because they are normal items).

The exact same problem exists in PoE 1 and had to be fixed by the community via a fan patch / mod.

Same goes for many typos in the german texts like mixed up characters (e instead of r and vice versa for example).

I played roughly 4 hours now (3 of them where the character creation, so i haven't seen that much of the game as of now). And almost every freaking dialog had one or more text errors.

It even starts right in the main menu where you create your PoE 1 story.

This is honestly a big let down.... I was hoping for a better localization in PoE2 :(.

Edited by LostHero

1 answer to this question

Hello LostHero!

Thanks for posting! Apologies on the translation issues, we work with a localization team that is not in house, so I will get this written up so the team can take a look at the problem. 

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...