Pathing got screwed up randomly for different party members.

NetQvist

Question

Screenshot:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/914672441106649161/276AD80645E1C0530E964ACFAB47B65232DFFB8C/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048%3A1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black

I have no idea what caused this but it was happening A LOT, basically upon every zone in to anywhere it seems like the pathing zones weren't calculated correctly or it used the wrong zone's pathing and it was different per party member! Sometimes just one character had ****ed up pathing other times it was more.

Sadly the mouse cursor was not visible on the screenshots I took so you can't see the red not walkable cursor between the characters on the two which are missing legs, selecting one of the other characters makes it walkable without issues. I'm pretty sure you could literally get stuck in a zone with this because usually you cannot reach the area exits.

Solution:

-Saving and reloading did not work, so it's shared between game states.

-Exiting and reloading the game finally fixed it after I had had gotten pissed off at exiting and entering each zone 5+ times to get correct pathing.

Recreate:

-No idea, I spent a lot of time with the steam overlay up and restarted the game with a new character 2-3 times without fully exiting it.

Edited by NetQvist

4 answers to this question

Heya NetQvist,

Sorry you're experiencing this issue. I've added this bug to our database, and we're looking in to how to get a consistent way to reproduce it.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I try my very best.

Happens to me very often. I think some characters "clip" through the geometry and that's how it gets bugged.

Edit : It happened several times to me on the very first area (beach) so I'm sure you guys will easily recreate it... it practically makes the game unplayable unless reloaded in many occasions.

Edited by Infiltrator_SF
tsgUO.gif

Had no issue before but after the patch I started a new Play-through and am constantly hitting this issue as a Fire Godlike(Elf) War Caller. Took me 15 minutes just to get from Berath to my Body. Now on the beach I am having the same trouble.

Created a 2nd New char on POTD to try and repro and chose Island Aumaua and had the same pathing issue. 

Edited by syphonhail

If you have this pathing issue, going to the menu and loading a game or even creating a new character won't help from my experience.

However saving the game, quitting the game fully and then starting it up and reloading your game will fix it "at least for the area you're in".

I kind of decided to replay PoE1 instead of playing 2 due to this issue and the save state problems, I'll be starting again now though that I finished my 50h PotD playthrough and that there's a new patch.