Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Suggestion] Bestiary

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Archaven

Archaven

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1189 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I know this is a little late and i'm not sure if this was ever suggested before. Since the game is on top down isometric, we couldn't really see much details or should i say much of the effort of the great artist went to waste. I just had a thought what about on the bestiary page, you can have a 3D model of said creature that you met before! and you can even rotate them! 

is such feature already present in the game?

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

There's a bestiary, but if it's anything like Pillars, it'll be handdrawn art rather than 3D models for the monsters.

Sedrefilos

Sedrefilos

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2051 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I know this is a little late and i'm not sure if this was ever suggested before. Since the game is on top down isometric, we couldn't really see much details or should i say much of the effort of the great artist went to waste. I just had a thought what about on the bestiary page, you can have a 3D model of said creature that you met before! and you can even rotate them! 

Josh already talked about that some time ago. It's drawn images of monsters just like Pillars1 and won't include 3D models in bestiary.

Archaven

Archaven

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1189 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Josh already talked about that some time ago. It's drawn images of monsters just like Pillars1 and won't include 3D models in bestiary.

alright. thanks. wondering what's the reason for that. if those creatures are beautifully designed, it would go to waste without able to see them on first person.

Silent Winter

Silent Winter

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1582 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

alright. thanks. wondering what's the reason for that. if those creatures are beautifully designed, it would go to waste without able to see them on first person.

I think it's to do with the bestiary being part of the journal, and wanting a journal 'feel' - guess the Watcher is an artist too ;)  The sketches were really good in PoE.

I too would like to be able to view the models when I'm not attacking them with a fireball.  Perhaps a model viewer could be modded.

• Katarack21 and Insidous like this

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I think it's to do with the bestiary being part of the journal, and wanting a journal 'feel' - guess the Watcher is an artist too ;)  The sketches were really good in PoE.

I too would like to be able to view the models when I'm not attacking them with a fireball.  Perhaps a model viewer could be modded.

I concur; I really enjoy the sketches a lot, but would like to be able to see the 3D models more clearly.

poparakrava58

poparakrava58

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts

Did anyone noticed beastiary bug when you encounter enemy for the first time they have all their defences/resistances revelaed?

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • Steam:Kill it with fire!
  • Deadfire Backer

Did anyone noticed beastiary bug when you encounter enemy for the first time they have all their defences/resistances revelaed?

Don't think I've noticed that, probably because I don't often check the Bestiary. But I have noticed erratic behaviour more generally for the Cyclopedia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users