My fully geared level 11 party, even though I am not using scaled difficulty, was wiped there !
FIRST ATTEMPT against the Lagufaeths on the hot springs of Longwatch Falls :
My skirmishers (Barbarian, Monk and Winter Fox) dived in too deep on a plateau with Lagufaeths... they pulled a horde of them with two Broodmothers.
CAUSES OF DEATH :
- No defensive position : too many of them were shooting paralyzing darts at us
- My Wizard gained aggro too fast and was constantly being paralyzed
- Some do massive damage, the Broodmothers I think [2 on Hard difficulty]. Even with 20+ damage reduction and while using potions and Lay on hands... Eder and Pallegina fell hard in the end.
- Overconfident : my party was crushing all other battles using only their "Per Encounter" abilities, so my level 11 party was really not afraid of Lagufaeths... Deadly mistake!
SECOND ATTEMPT ... :
- I used the ramp going up to the plateau as a defensive position and my tanks were able to hold the line
- I pulled a part of the horde instead of the whole lot
- Therefore my Wizard and skirmishers were able to not get paralyzed and we killed them easily.
But that was with a full level 11 party !
There is at least another tough fight near-by (Gleaming... and yes I pulled both groups ), which I won "easily" using many powerful spells (have not completed the whole map yet though).
For that one, I also used a tight area so my tanks could hold the line (and retain most aggro: essential) and my caster could stay back and use powerful spells. I really do not know if a level 7 party can pull it off, maybe using two to three casters doing all they can.
ps: ! Other warning ! : though Crägholdt Bluffs is on the way and naturally feels a thing to visit... it is about level 14 ! :D At least, there, you can fight only a group at a time and realize your folly. In Longwatch Falls, you die hard to discover what lies there.
Edited by Baraz, 15 February 2019 - 07:45 PM.