Steam Achievements Not Unlocking

cowboy2280

Question

Hoping someone can help with this.

My Steam achievements are not unlocking for PoE & WM I. I realized this last night when I recruited all three new companions and opened the gate to Durgan's Battery without any pop-ups. It also made me realize how much I like earning achievements ;)

No, I have not cheated. However, I do hit the tab and esc keys quite often and may have hit the tilde key and opened up the console. I'm hoping that alone does not disable achievements (that'd be pretty awful for frantic players like me).

My save file is apparently too large to attach. Anyone know how to remedy that?

Double thanks!

9 answers to this question

As long as you did not type "IRoll20s" into the console your achievements should not be disabled.

It may just be a bug - can't say if it's on steam or PoE - but I read about more than one case where achievements didn't trigger properly.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It may just be a bug - can't say if it's on steam or PoE - but I read about more than one case where achievements didn't trigger properly.

OP has created a duplicate topic in Steam's PoE forum. This is a waste of community resources.

The Steam app is smart enough to cache unlocked achievements even when playing offline, and it syncs them to the Steam account when getting online again.

There have been a very few cases in 2015 and 2016 in Steam's forum where players had to verify the installation files to unlock at least one achievement. In at least one case they've simply restarted the Steam app. But generally, in Steam's forum I don't remember any common problems with unlocking achievements. Quite the contrary. There have been multiple players, who've unlocked all achievements since 2016.

Edit: --> http://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/2949168661149039691/

Edited by Belfaldurnik

OP has created a duplicate topic in Steam's PoE forum. This is a waste of community resources.

The Steam app is smart enough to cache unlocked achievements even when playing offline, and it syncs them to the Steam account when getting online again.

There have been a very few cases in 2015 and 2016 in Steam's forum where players had to verify the installation files to unlock at least one achievement. In at least one case they've simply restarted the Steam app. But generally, in Steam's forum I don't remember any common problems with unlocking achievements. Quite the contrary. There have been multiple players, who've unlocked all achievements since 2016.

Your logic is completely laughable. You're saying that because there is no known issue and that "Steam is smart enough" this is a non-issue.

However, I'm telling you, Belf, that is definitely a problem for me. And I'm simply looking for help where I can find it.

The only resource here is time. And everyone on this board has plenty of it, I assure you (that's why we have time to play games like PoE).

I'm just a guy on a quest for answers ;)

I've restarted Steam multiple times and I've checked the integrity of my PoE files via the Steam app.

I'm thinking it's because I started in 2015 and picked the save back up in late 2017, after many many patches.

Loving the White March II. Awesome DLC. Enjoyed the first one too. Felt like a good ol' dungeon crawl in Icewind Dale.

I don't think my resources are wasted. But what do I know...

Generally, it is not nice to open duplicate topics in different forums at the same time and have multiple people spend time on doing troubleshooting without knowing the details/answers from the duplicate topic. Whether you care is up to you, of course. I've only pointed out the netiquette.

If you don't care about netiquette, oh well.

Your logic is completely laughable. You're saying that because there is no known issue and that "Steam is smart enough" this is a non-issue.

However, I'm telling you, Belf, that is definitely a problem for me. And I'm simply looking for help where I can find it.

The only resource here is time. And everyone on this board has plenty of it, I assure you (that's why we have time to play games like PoE).

That's a fallacy. For the QA person in this tech support forum, time is limited. The more you follow the guides in the sticky topics, the more helpful that may be.

I've only told you what is known about PoE and Steam achievements in general. They have unlocked fine since 2016 for many people at Steam. Nowhere do I rule out that there may be issues in corner-cases, and that's why at Steam some questions have been raised about your console usage, for example, and about using ancient savegames.

You may need to be patient and provide some details, such as a savegame file uploaded to a public place, so if a developer with limited time gets to read this topic, some good input is there. Else the developer will need to spend extra time on querying you.

Know that flaming me doesn't lead to anything.

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP.  Figured I'd not bother starting a duplicate thread.

In fact, my last achievement was from 2016. I started over this month, and just realized I'd completed "Watcher with Eight Friends", but did not get the Achievement for it.  I've not used the console, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I found a thread for "removing" the flag for disabling achievements with a hex editor, followed its instructions, and sure enough, the flag is already set properly.  *headscratch*