I am playing through PoE 1 at the moment as a Barbarian with one created NPC as a ranger with a bear. The back story is that they are brothers and the brother will die at the end of PoE1 or at the start of PoE2 So I had this plan to make my dual wielding barbarian into a ranger multiclass and adopt his brother's bear.

So I guess my question is is it any fun? I am not really going for a complete min/max build, but merely a viable one as I am playing on normal but I don't want an ineffectual character either.

Edited by KennethTopp
  • Like 2

Barbarian/Stalker is decent. With Barbaric Blow and Wounding Shot you will have several Full Attacks per encounter, so dual wielding heavy one handers like swords or sabres might be best.

Also armor rating can be good (Stalker gets a bonus that stacks with barbarian's passive armor bonuses.

From a roll playing point of view Barbarian/Ghost Heart Lodge could be even better: the pet spirit that you can summon could be the former animal companion of your dead brother... Because usually the pet dies if the ranger dies. At least that's the lore.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also armor rating can be good (Stalker gets a bonus that stacks with barbarian's passive armor bonuses.

Berserker/Stalker's even better for AR, because the AR boosts from the barbarian's passive, the AR boost from companion bond and the +2 from frenzy all stack.