Pcgamer exclusive cosmic doge content?

An I right in saying they are (non-cheating) console commands, so using them doesn't unlock a DLC, it just spawns the it in question, and you'd have to do it every new game?

Yes.  Even though it presently doesn't do anything, the command you use to redeem it just made an appearance in the latest beta.

It's not a cheat.  It just grants a specific thing to the party then marks the save as having received it.

Since it's tracked per-party, yeah, you'd have to type it in every new game if you want a cosmic doggo.

Uhm okay, if that is the case, then I was under a false impression about these promotional items.

I'm still not sure I understand it completely though.

So not everyone who wanted that dog pet would have to buy an issue of the magazine?

Because it's always the same code anyway?

Only one person would have to buy the magazine and could share the code, which is a console command, with us all here?

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Only one person would have to buy the magazine and could share the code, which is a console command, with us all here?

I believe so yes. I'm fairly certain I saw Reddit threads where people said they'd share the code by PM and I would be very surprised if the code doesn't eventually become common knowledge online.

• Like 2

Uhm okay, if that is the case, then I was under a false impression about these promotional items.

I'm still not sure I understand it completely though.

So not everyone who wanted that dog pet would have to buy an issue of the magazine?

Because it's always the same code anyway?

Yes to all that.

Shhhh... Don't tell anyone!  We were discussing the cosmic pet codes over here.   :p

Also, Gamestar was kind enough to include the secret Cosmic Bird code in the PDF preview for the Deadfire article.  It's pretty much an open secret at this point.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

Okay so then it's not like the promotional exclusive items from Bioware at all.

I am very glad to hear that Obsidian didn't go down that road.

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

• Like 5

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

• 2 weeks later...

While that pet is cool, I'm sure, please don't support annoying promotions like this that deliberately spread content out and take it from the base game(possibly??).

If this pet is achievable/included in the normal base game, disregard this post.

If it is NOT included in the base game, I'm sure it'll be available via mods about 1 hour after the game is out. :)

THIS.

However, it seems not quite as bad as it's an ingame unlock code. Still, a cheatcoded pet reward somewhat limits the reward of unlocking them ingame, another potential loot-drop worked on taken out of the game for no good reason.

And if PoE2's loot system is as bad as PoE1's, with the cosmetic pets about the only thing interesting to receive or find, that would be such a shame.

Hopefully the code just unlocks the pet, still requiring work. Not just drop it off in your inventory as most DLC items. Still, why lock it behind a code then... ugh. I wasn't hoping for this from Obsidian of all people.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 4 weeks later...

Yuo can use ale codes via Console so everyone can get it when you know the code.  For the Bird: Open consol with ~ and enter COSMIC BIRD   

I dont know what the codes are for the other 2 x)

The Bird has 2 Passive Abillitys.  Increased Speed for the Party and Increased Weapon Accuracy for the Party.

Edited by Glurak

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

Yuo can use ale codes via Console so everyone can get it when you know the code.  For the Bird: Open consol with ~ and enter COSMIC BIRD   

I dont know what the codes are for the other 2 x)

COSMIC DOG

COSMIC BIRD

maybe even...

COSMIC CAT

perhaps we'll have to wait and see about that last one...  :p

OP has advertised to everyone on this forum that he has the attention span of someone who is attracted to free cosmic dogs on magazine covers.................

creep.jpg

Then he decides to have a jibe at other posters for who dont share his apparent well endowed mindset

fp.jpg