OMG! Ship Needs

Dezmeria

Not mean to post an Ads here, but has anyone played FLT here? Link http://store.steampowered.com/app/212680/FTL_Faster_Than_Light/

I find the spacecraft fighting in that game is very entertaining, and the ship fight in POE2 is kind similar to the spacecraft fights there in FLT. If the Devs can spend sometime playing that game, they might have some idea about how to make the ship development and fight more interesting :)

Of course. My pernament tablet game. Josh mentioned in recent interview they had a look at FTL when designing the system.

Link to said interview.

• Like 1

The main disturbing factor - you can't load during ship fight, even if you are already doomed, you have to wait till the end.

Also sometimes in "report to" option "report" button is grayed out.

Ship fight seems pretty simple, just get maximum range cannons and turn ship firing from left / right sides, no reloading time needed.

Only factor is if your team is wounded. 

I'm playing potd solo, and once tried to ram the ship - never tried that again, cause I was executed in brutal way.

• Like 2

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

The main disturbing factor - you can't load during ship fight, even if you are already doomed, you have to wait till the end.

Ship fight seems pretty simple, just get maximum range cannons and turn ship firing from left / right sides, no reloading time needed.

I'm playing potd solo, and once tried to ram the ship - never tried that again, cause I was executed in brutal way.

Yes, not being access main game menu during ship combat. Once they add quick "flee", "ram" or "surrender" options it should be an issue.

Do you mean "report to" was unavaliable? I have noticed that moves you can do get grayed out in a way used conversation routes get grayed out but you can still use them. If it has "per round" limiation it should disappear from the list just like "full sail" does. Didn't use much "report to".

Under enemy portrait you can see their class and level, which should give you a rough idea how hard they will be hand to hand combat. Some enemies will be easier to defeat on sea, some will be easier when boarding. 

Yeah, right now combat comes down to making 180 turns and shooting, or rushing enemies for boarding - not great.

Yes, not being access main game menu during ship combat. Once they add quick "flee", "ram" or "surrender" options it should be an issue.

Do you mean "report to" was unavaliable? I have noticed that moves you can do get grayed out in a way used conversation routes get grayed out but you can still use them. If it has "per round" limiation it should disappear from the list just like "full sail" does. Didn't use much "report to".

Under enemy portrait you can see their class and level, which should give you a rough idea how hard they will be hand to hand combat. Some enemies will be easier to defeat on sea, some will be easier when boarding. 

Yeah, right now combat comes down to making 180 turns and shooting, or rushing enemies for boarding - not great.

My ship crew suffered serious damage, helmsman and some other guys were wounded, so I could only go forward, stay or report. As I've done all necessary swaps using "report to", the "report" button (confirmation) was grayed out, unknown reasons, that was till defeat screen, several times.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam