Strange behavior of Cleave, Swift Flurry, Blast and Citzal's Lance

dunehunter

Question

Here are a few video I took to display their synergy behavior, I wonder if any devs can take a look and value if this is an issue or not!

1) Cleave stance + Swift Flurry. Cleave attacks can trigger itself if a Cleave attack killed an enemy.

2) Cleave stance + Citzal's Lance. Citzal's Lance does AOE damage to nearby enemy, so will every cleave attack be an AOE attack?

3) Blast + Swift Flurry + Discipline Strike. This is an old issue existed in last patch, but it is still doable with Blast + Swift Flurry + Discipline Strike.

Any thoughts?

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

10 answers to this question

I think it’s pretty damn kewl XD

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think it’s pretty damn kewl XD

Yeah it is pretty cool, but a Citzal's Lance + Cleave stance is like a passive version of PoE 1 Barbarian Carnage + Heart of Fury. I think the designers changed carnage mechanism to avoid similar cheesy combo. 

I think cleave should be changed to a cone instead of aoe, and cleave attack should not trigger itself.

I still don't get why they changed the Lance and Blast to work like PoE's Carnage. Especially because they changed PoE's Carnage in Deadfire to avoid such things.

Also: prevent Swift Flurry's and Cleave Stance's additional attacks to trigger themselves. Also prevent Swift Flurry attacks to trigger Cleave Stance and vice versa. You simply need a flag for every attack, like "isBonus" if it's from Swift Flurry or Cleave Stance and then do a simple "if (attack->isBonus) {//no no execute this attack}" or whatever. Should be simple.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I agree—my “kewl” comment was tongue-in-cheek ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's ridiculous how even single overpowered cleave stance is at current state.

When you can't deal one by one with all mobs - just gather them all, pick the weakest and then boom - all mobs are dead.

Using this feature with Barbarian / Fighter class - extremely powerful versus 1+ enemies.

Cleaving stance with other things affecting on radius, damage and more attack triggers just bonkers.

I don't even know is there any reason to play melee class in so slow paced combat (recovery 3+ seconds after each swing) other way than using such momentum and explode all enemies at once.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

It's ridiculous how even single overpowered cleave stance is at current state.

When you can't deal one by one with all mobs - just gather them all, pick the weakest and then boom - all mobs are dead.

Using this feature with Barbarian / Fighter class - extremely powerful versus 1+ enemies.

Cleaving stance with other things affecting on radius, damage and more attack triggers just bonkers.

I don't even know is there any reason to play melee class in so slow paced combat (recovery 3+ seconds after each swing) other way than using such momentum and explode all enemies at once.

Yeah thats why D&D rules deal very carefully with Cleaving. In Pathfinder rules, Cleave can only attack one additional enemy, while Greater Cleave can hit extra enemy only if u hit not miss. So anyway there should be some strict rules to any abilities giving extra hits.

• Like 1