I was thinking about that recently,
I hope there will be somekind of a Résumé, to remind us what happened in Pillars Of Eternity.
Like the Voiced-Over Slides at the End of the Game, having something that tells you the Story you've experienced & where we're at now at the Beginning of Deafire.
Even better if the Slides could react to your past choices & their consequences, as they did at the End of the first Game.
Where, when you Import your Saved File, your Story continues, but we're exposed to some sort of a reminder about what we've done
would be so freaking cool.
Remind us of our past adventures, what we've accomplished, [on a Global Scale, maybe some Important details], like :
- What was the State of the Dyrwood when we first came in. [Hollow-Born Childs]
- How did we became the Watcher.
- What happened when we dealt with Raedric VII / Kolsc. [Ally ? Ennemy ? Raedric Returned ?]
- Maerwald & How we became the Watcher of Caed Nua. [What happened when we dealt with the Master of the Deep, underneath the Castle [Killed her ? Help her ?].
- Defiance Bay [Animancy, Houses (Doemenel/Etc)]
- Twin Elms [Gods Trial]
- What happened with all the Dragons [Hylea, Etc]
- Include what we've done in The White March.
Since Deadfire will scan your Saved File/Story for the Story to come, maybe it can Remind you what happenned before, just to get the feeling of continuing our Story. That's all I'm saying...
Of course, Cinematics aren't necessary, but Sliders/Etc like what happened in the End of Pillars Of Eternity would be just fine.
I say this because I'm sure I've forgotten many things I did back then, and each of us don't necessarily have the time to re-do 100+ Hrs of Gameplay. And I also think about New Players who will come into this game directly.
They should be exposed to what happenned, who they are & why they are in the Deadfire's Archipelago, Etc.
I'm sure the "Introduction" will do that, but include a Résumé of our Back-Story aswell if you can.
Edited by DexGames, 24 December 2017 - 08:22 AM.