KOTOR 2 good or bad

do think kotor 2 is going to be...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. do think kotor 2 is going to be...

• excellent
    • good
    • fair
    • bad
    • terrible
    • didn't like the first one so i don't care

I voted for Good. KOTOR was excellent, but I just don't believe KOTOR II would surpase KOTOR in terms of experience, cause KOTOR II is basiclly KOTOR with a different story/characters. There is nothing MAJOR that makes KOTOR II stand out in front of KOTOR as of now. Yes it has it's little improvements here and there, but like I said....nothing MAJOR. Like more planets or the game being longer then the first. Those are major things.

Huh ? And here I am, thinking that Kotor II major improvement might be the story compared to the vanilla stuff Bioware providedus with. But who cares about story if we can have kewl new powers and more planets. <_<

Different people, different priorities I guess

I think it has the potential to be better than the first one and that would make it excellent. I also trust Obsidian to do a decent job. There are plenty of things that could be better -- classes (more variety), inventory management, combat in general (more challenges -- make a decent AI so that not only the last fight is serious), skills, feats, force powers (more of each and/or make them useful), and a few other things. If they implement some of these and add them to their own new story and characters (which could also be improved -- not so many cliches this time), it can be excellent. Of course, it can also fail to live up to my expectations, but I'm optimistic today.

I think it has the potential to be better than the first one and that would make it excellent. I also trust Obsidian to do a decent job. There are plenty of things that could be better -- classes (more variety), inventory management, combat in general (more challenges -- make a decent AI so that not only the last fight is serious), skills, feats, force powers (more of each and/or make them useful), and a few other things. If they implement some of these and add them to their own new story and characters (which could also be improved -- not so many cliches this time), it can be excellent. Of course, it can also fail to live up to my expectations, but I'm optimistic today.

Looking from that point of view, KotOR II will be nothing more of a huge success in every department. It has potential to become the 'Empire Strikes back' of the Star Wars games, but there's also alot in where it can fail.

The Pros:

- It's darker.

- Better animations after your skill progresses.

- The "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"-mentality will make some fans pleased.

- It's Obsidian :)

The Cons:

- The story can be lacking due to the limitations set by the timeline itself (5 years after the Star Forge).

- The characters might be to generic and dull.

- The level-design might be lacking.

- Taking out Jeremy Soule and having, more or less, a nobody to do the soundtrack.

- It might end up shorter then the previous game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy