With these class i will do this :

- Barb : tank like you, focus on interupting ennemies

- Druid : Offtank that cast storm, form of the delemgan, world's maw.... Specialize in spritishift.

- Wizard: debuff. As you have no Priest, you can't buff yourself, so your main goal is to debuff the enemy. The wizard is really good in this role. Dump might, full int/per/dex.

- Rogue: i will switch to a ranged Rogue (warbow). With all the debuff from the Druid and the wizard, it could be your main damage dealer.

In my mind, playing without a priest in potd is adding a level. I have to try one day

It is not so bad without a priest, especially if you have a Paladin and/or a Druid. I done a couple playthroughs with no priests. Just have to get used to not having Crowns of the Faithful for bosses :p

Right now, Im lvl10 and preparing to go through Galvino's and then get into Durgan to get my rogue the shield. Combination of Ninagauth's Shadowflame and Relentless Storm can lockdown most encounters. Especially Shadowflame as it is fast cast. But I think if my druid and wiz get CC'ed before they can get their spells off, Im pretty much screwed.

• Like 1

Ok so I got Badgradr's Barricade and with that I also got up to lvl 11 so HoF and CW combo is online.

Question: is HoF with dual bittercuts better, or sabres with Annihilation (Purgatory, Resolution)? Note my barb is not my main char so no access to Dungeon Delver and Merciless Hand.

If you pick Spirit of Decay then I'd say Bittercut. But it depends on your crit rate.

+50% on crit (+6.75 damage), slash only compared to +20% (+2.7) in all cases, corrode/slash. A difference of 4.05 damage on crit.

You woul need a crit rate of 67.5% (crit:(hits+grazes), that's not the crit rate in the char sheet, I believe that's only crit:hit).

And then you'd have to factor in the single damage vs. dual damage.

If you take Spirit of Decay for Bittercut but no elemental booster for the other sabres then clearly Bittercut because the +5% more multiplicative lash damage will deal more than 4 damage in most cases.

Anyway - the difference is marginal. Dual Annihilation is good as well. The best option in my opinion is using Bittercut + Resolution and later Purgatory. The draining on a barb is nice und I think the advantages of Bittercut are not big enough to justify the use of the Helwax Mold in this case (coolness aside). Also: abysmal defenses against poison with two Bittercuts.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I am using HoF only for burst dmg with CW, and after that switching to a different main depending on situation. Tidefall until I get my hand on Dragon Maw - switching to a shield setup around WM2 when defences start to become an issue. I was even thinking of using Steadfast on the barb for the healing proc on-hit/crit.

So just wondering what's the best 2 weapon setup I can do. Havent gotten any elemental talents yet as I was focusing on defensive talents.

I think I will just roll with whatever is accessible to me at this point then, thanks

On a sidenote: I never did realize why Swaddling Sheet is so highly recommended.... and then I tried it. This thing is so damn good. My barb is min Res so Swaddling Sheet triggers pretty much every battle. The stun that it provides gives so much breathing room for reposition and preparation, and the AoE is huge.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

Several directions? Can you elaborate?

Yeah I tried the variant on the White Crest Armour and it kinda sucks. As you say, its non Foe AoE, and it has quite a long casting time. So by the time I aim it and cast, the foe would have moved. And the cast time means chances of interruption is high.

The Swaddling Sheet variant is immediate. So now my barb gets Conscreated Grounds, Frenzy and the "improved" Overwhelming Wave almost at the start of every battle. Pretty good! And no idea if its just me, but most the time the wave seems to move in the direction which can hit many enemies. Or maybe just my imagination, and it just goes the opposite direction from which the wearer is facing.

Edited by mosspit

As far as I can remember it used to shoot out in several directions. But maybe my memory fails me or it got changed. I haven't used it in a long time because I never got the adventure in my recent sessions.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Quick Question: What is the level breakpoint for the upscale option to appear for WM2? I read up that it is apparently 12 but since this is a ToI playthrough and the scaling option is a 1-time prompt, I don't wanna mess this up.

Can anyone confirm?

Edited by mosspit

I am using HoF only for burst dmg with CW, and after that switching to a different main depending on situation. Tidefall until I get my hand on Dragon Maw - switching to a shield setup around WM2 when defences start to become an issue. I was even thinking of using Steadfast on the barb for the healing proc on-hit/crit.

So just wondering what's the best 2 weapon setup I can do. Havent gotten any elemental talents yet as I was focusing on defensive talents.

I think I will just roll with whatever is accessible to me at this point then, thanks

On a sidenote: I never did realize why Swaddling Sheet is so highly recommended.... and then I tried it. This thing is so damn good. My barb is min Res so Swaddling Sheet triggers pretty much every battle. The stun that it provides gives so much breathing room for reposition and preparation, and the AoE is huge.

I am not a fan; it requires you to employ a low Deflection/Defense character, and I do not like doing that. I am currently running a PotD team with 1 Outworn Buckler, and 2 Little Saviors, and the 4 front-liners can hit around 200 Deflection or over for boss fights. I found that Swaddling Sheet just takes space in such occasions.

Well, it depends on the setup. I am commenting based on my situation - 4man, ToI PotD, less support due to no Priest.

My strat is very CC heavy. The "free" Overwhelming Wave proc doesn't use up any cast time and gives more breathing room for my party.

For boss fights I will probably swap it out for something else, but for trash encounters it really shines. Especially for the lagufaeth encounters.

• Like 1

Well, it depends on the setup. I am commenting based on my situation - 4man, ToI PotD, less support due to no Priest.

My strat is very CC heavy. The "free" Overwhelming Wave proc doesn't use up any cast time and gives more breathing room for my party.

For boss fights I will probably swap it out for something else, but for trash encounters it really shines. Especially for the lagufaeth encounters.

Yup, context is king! ;) But I do see a lot of folks recommending the Sheet and Shod-in-Faith and other on-crit items on general builds all over, and I was so struck as to how inefficient they were when I tried them. So I forgot the context a bit! ;)

In case this slipped through the cracks.

Quick Question: What is the level breakpoint for the upscale option to appear for WM2? I read up that it is apparently 12 but since this is a ToI playthrough and the scaling option is a 1-time prompt, I don't wanna mess this up.

Can anyone confirm?

In case this slipped through the cracks.

Can anyone confirm?

If anyone is interested, lvl 12 should be the cutoff. Tried to enter Stalwart WM2 at lvl 13 and received the prompt for scaling up.

The eyeless battle at Iron Flail is pretty intense. I like it!

Edited by mosspit