PotD Accuracy Issues: Do I need Marking & Coordinating weapons for PotD?

Reading the two Forward Observer Paladin builds now make me wonder if I need Marking & Coordinating weapons to hit consistently in PotD as well. I am planning on taking both Zealous Focus and Coordinated Attacks on the Paladin, and Inspiring Radiance on the Priest, and I thought this was enough. But my terrible hit percentage in the first ruin makes me wonder now (31 percent against level 2 spider, LOL?).

And what about Perception? I was only going to take Perception to around 12 on my front-line DPS (dual wield Fighter and Paladin, and Tall Grass Barbarian), but perhaps that needs to be bumped up?

I know I am over-obsessing about builds, but I am by nature someone who likes to over-theorize and over-prepare and not get caught with unexpected stuff - because I do not handle the unexpected well.

You don't necessarily need it. I played all kinds of parties, even 6 rogues with no hard CC and ACC buffs at all and it's all doable.

It's just nice to have, that's all.

But you have a Ph.D in the game, and this is my first PotD run though! ;)

I am inclining toward switching the Paladin from a dual Saber to a dual Sword build and use Shame or Glory. Actually, no, perhaps give Shame and Glory to the Chanter tank instead? He probably doesn't need the extra engagement from the Sheathed in Autumn I was planning on giving him; and I have 4 melees to keep folks occupied anyways. I may also give Cladhalíath to the Chanter - though I have no idea how to even acquire that one.

When I got the game I played once on normal, canceled that run and started PotD.

I had not gathered half as much knowledge as you did (actually I didn't know anything about the mechanics) and it was still doable. Some fights were really tough, but you can always come back later. First time Thaos and Adra Dragon were real challenges for my though, which was fun. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

When I got the game I played once on normal, canceled that run and started PotD.

I had not gathered half as much knowledge as you did (actually I didn't know anything about the mechanics) and it was still doable. Some fights were really tough, but you can always come back later. First time Thaos and Adra Dragon were real challenges for my though, which was fun. :)

You are a brave man. I hate wasting time and having to re-start middle of the run, because I didn't build right. So I tend to do a lot of research before I dive into games like this. Some of my friends think I am insane, but I think doing 25 hours of research is frankly better than re-starting after 50 hours of playing. I am also optimization, min-maxing nut - both in games and in real-life - so I just have to have all the answers before I do anything! ;)

By the way, can Cladhalíath be enchanted beyond the two enchants you get at creation?

Indeed, so in particular avoid giving it the Exceptional enchantment since you can add that yourself. 

Awesome. Thanks. I guess Marking is better than Stunning on a stand-still stiff who will just chant? ;)

Edited by Lampros

There are a couple of the choices that I think pair well. Marking/Coordinating and Stunning/Vicious. In story lingo it is "Inspire others and lend strength"/"I bring people together" and "I want to subdue"/"I make the hard choice".

Draining/Valiant is probably a decent pairing, too. They may seem to work at odds to each other, but if the goal is to keep you alive, I think they should do well together, especially if your attack speed is decent.

Definitely avoid the Exceptional, as JerekKruger suggests ("Be a better version of myself" or whatever it says). You can add that on your own.

Just some thoughts,

Joe

• Like 1