The paladin should be a Darcozzi with Inspiring Liberation and Coordinated Attacks, dual wielding "Shame or Glory" and Cladhaliath (both marking). +40 completely stackable accuracy for the druid is nice... The druid should be MC and take at least Merciless Hand of course.

Edit: Haha - Shame or Glory and Merciless Hand at the same time. Stupid me!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm running a similar party now, with a chanter, priest and paladin, although following a suggestion Boeroer made in another thread (I forget which one), I'm using a Moon Godlike Kind Wayfarer paladin to get big waves of passive healing going for the party. If I'm lucky I'll get a minor adventure and get St. Borragia's Tears to make the healing totally crazy.

So I consoled myself a mindweb party, since I figured this would work well with spiritshift.

But now I have a very dumb question.

Has anyone ever tested whether Withdraw stun actually triggers + 50 def while prone or stunned?

I've read recommendations for this back when I did my trio run and did not have a priest, but this time i actually thought of creating a priest and it turns out the + 50 def doesn't show up, neither in the stats nor combat log.

Boeroer, I am playing the druid build you recommended earlier in this thread; he is now level 6 and is really powerful. I have him use Gyrd Haewanes Stenes as I mentioned earlier, and it is really useful once it is fully upgraded. I typically have him cast tanglefoot or nature's mark followed by returning storm, and then shift. For longer battles, once the shift wears off, it doesn't take long to proc Restore Spiritshift, since there's a 20% chance on hit or crit, and he crits alot given the high accuracy of this weapon. Then he shifts again, and finishes off any stragglers. The only thing one has to be careful to do is NOT use Gyrd Haewanes Stenes before you spiritshift, as the Restore Spiritshift will uselessly proc before you need it. So I have him go into battle dual wielding hatchets, and then switch to Gyrd Haewanes Stenes when needed. Thanks for this suggestion!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I guess Moon Godlike - which is especially impactful in the first half of the game.

Something with a head slot starts to become better later in the game when fights take longer (so you spend more time unshifted and can access the bonuses of the helmet).

But since the hardest part of the game usually is the early part I'd say Moon Godlike.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods