Guess The Mystery Character!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who from the Fighter Class deck do you think will join the game next?

• Flenta
    • Tontelizi
    • Vika
    • Valeros. More Valeros! You can't fool me Flounder!

About a month ago, Flounder left us this hint on the Pathfinder dev blog.

While this is subject to change, we plan on opening up with a series of five scenarios that explore some events that befall Valeros (he does have an interesting backstory) and culminate in unique rewards and a new character added to the roster.

Who that character is has been currently narrowed down to one of two choices but they will be coming from the Fighter Class Deck and it isn't another version of Valeros, so that's your hint.

That leaves us the following options:

Flenta - Not technically a sorcerer, this female halfling has a flair for the arcane arts, even if it is all just slight-of-hand

Tontelizi - "Retired" from a shady past, this gnome is unstoppable with his polearm and a few allies

Vika - A half-elf who quit her job as a blacksmith to try smashing new and exciting things with her trusty hammer

So... thoughts? ;)

• Like 1

I happen to rather like Tontelizi, and think he'd be more effective than in the card game because of all the polearms available in treasure.

I expect it to be Flenta though as she's just a bundle of fun.

It should be Reta Bigbad from Goblins Fight as she's technically a sort of fighter and because goblins.

Edited by Chris_R
  • Like 2

I happen to rather like Tontelizi, and think he'd be more effective than in the card game because of all the polearms available in treasure.

I expect it to be Flenta though as she's just a bundle of fun.

It should be Reta Bigbad from Goblins Fight as she's technically a sort of fighter and because goblins.

Also, we need Chuffy and Mogmurch. We need them.

Ok, I need them.

• Like 2

When Pathfinder is involved, "because goblins" is always the best possible explanation or reason for something.

Another example would be: Obsidian should do Skull & Shackes... because goblins.   :p

May or may not have inside knowledge on this, but I'm pretty sure we're shipping with Flounder dressed as Valeros.

@MrBishop, I may not be able to divulge my sources either, but I knew something was up when I got passed this image of Valeros with a Banana Longbow +1.

0CZan5u.png

I'm even more convinced - shame I can only vote once for Valeros...

PFID: D31679A076922E6B

About a month ago, Flounder left us this hint on the Pathfinder dev blog.

While this is subject to change, we plan on opening up with a series of five scenarios that explore some events that befall Valeros (he does have an interesting backstory) and culminate in unique rewards and a new character added to the roster.

Who that character is has been currently narrowed down to one of two choices but they will be coming from the Fighter Class Deck and it isn't another version of Valeros, so that's your hint.

That leaves us the following options:

Flenta - Not technically a sorcerer, this female halfling has a flair for the arcane arts, even if it is all just slight-of-hand

Tontelizi - "Retired" from a shady past, this gnome is unstoppable with his polearm and a few allies

Vika - A half-elf who quit her job as a blacksmith to try smashing new and exciting things with her trusty hammer

So... thoughts? ;)

From reading your descriptions (I haven't played the tabletop version) I thought that Flenta sounded the most interesting. However, I went to the paizo website and downloaded the character cards and Flenta's powers excited me the least.

Both Tontelizi and Vika look cool. My guess is Vika, to give a male and female option for the fighter class.

My vote's for Flenta.  I really hope it's her because she can be annoying to play in the tabletop version with her constantly needing to fish through the spell deck, but would work great for the video game!

I think that would really be cool to get her added too.  However, if this is going to be about the origins of Valeros, I can see Tontelizi being the one to join the game.

One of the central bits to the Valeros story is his joining up with various mercenary groups and eventually bailing on them for some (occasionally more noble) reason.  Whether it is Tontelizi the "Legbreaker" pursuing Valeros for some slight against a crime boss, or the two of them eventually teaming up to right some wrong, it feels like it would be very easy to write a narrative where their two paths cross.

• 3 weeks later...

Tontelizi it is.  The adventure's available on the DLC list on Steam, though the price isn't available yet :(

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)