Did you finish it with 12 ogre clubs to the head? ;)

I was too surprised at it's hp being at injured after I finished buffing.

Also vs Brynlod's backstabbers I should have gone ogres because they have 160 reflex in upscaled but instead I spammed seven nights which targets reflex  :banghead:

No chanter?

If you just want an easy way thru the game take a chanter.

If you want to make it even easier use the 2nd wind invocation exploit.

It's not enough that the chanter gets Dragon chant at level 9 he also gets Seven Nights at 10.

5x Seven Nights with 30 MI does like 500 damage and oneshots anything but a dragon (If the dragon is injured while you get your phrases than it ptobably oneshots those too.

If you don't want to use the exploit the chanter is still insane.

Dragon chant on its own is so deadly and even one cast of Seven Nights hurts quite a bit.

Is it the consensus here that a Chanter is the strongest class? Glancing through the Steam forum, the consensus there seems to be the same.

I consider priest to be the strongest class, but it depends a lot on how you play.

Chanters is def. the class with the best lazyness/effectiveness ratio. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The priest might be stronger than the chanter, but because the damage output of chanter alone is as sufficient as it will ever get in this game we will never know.

6 priests will never kill Magran's faithful in 2 minutes, because alone the pausing time will take 2 minutes. :p

Ofc other class compositions would be stronger if you never count pausing as to how long a fight takes. ;)

• Like 1

I consider priest to be the strongest class, but it depends a lot on how you play.

Chanters is def. the class with the best lazyness/effectiveness ratio. ;)

Damn, sounds like the perfect class for me. For future runs, what would I swap out, if the choice were to take a Chanter for either the DPS Fighter or the tank Fighter?

The priest might be stronger than the chanter, but because the damage output of chanter alone is as sufficient as it will ever get in this game we will never know.

6 priests will never kill Magran's faithful in 2 minutes, because alone the pausing time will take 2 minutes. :p

Ofc other class compositions would be stronger if you never count pausing as to how long a fight takes. ;)

I like groups that are micro-management light and still powerful. Any recommendation would be welcome! ;)

Besides the mentioned chanter, other micro light chars are paladin, barbarian (needs some micro at combat start, but much less than a *ugh* priest and it's worth it (boom), rogue (similar to barbarian), ranger, you already have a dps fighter (I hope dual wielding :p), druid (you could micro a lot, but why bother if you can just make it storm ;)).

• Like 1

Besides the mentioned chanter, other micro light chars are paladin, barbarian (needs some micro at combat start, but much less than a *ugh* priest and it's worth it (boom), rogue (similar to barbarian), ranger, you already have a dps fighter (I hope dual wielding :p), druid (you could micro a lot, but why bother if you can just make it storm ;)).

I considered a Barbarian for Gimli, but I also read he was quite fragile. So I decided to make Gimli a DPS Fighter. And yes, he's dual wielding. I am going to make him dual wield 2 battle axes for thematic reasons. (Frankly, there also seem to be a number of easily obtainable good battle axes, too.)

I have a Paladin and a ranged Rogue, too. So that's 3 of 6 guys who are micro-light. But the ranged Rogue gets knocked out - or is seriously hurt - far more often than others. But at level 5, it's too early for me to assess - as I am not even 1/3 way done with the content.

I considered a Barbarian for Gimli, but I also read he was quite fragile. So I decided to make Gimli a DPS Fighter. And yes, he's dual wielding. I am going to make him dual wield 2 battle axes for thematic reasons. (Frankly, there also seem to be a number of easily obtainable good battle axes, too.)

I have a Paladin and a ranged Rogue, too. So that's 3 of 6 guys who are micro-light. But the ranged Rogue gets knocked out - or is seriously hurt - far more often than others. But at level 5, it's too early for me to assess - as I am not even 1/3 way done with the content.

I always take a high defense talent for every char especially on PotD for that reason.  Like a Per rest ability for emergencies.  I take Shadowing Beyond for emergencies very early with rogues.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I always take a high defense talent for every char especially on PotD for that reason.  Like a Per rest ability for emergencies.  I take Shadowing Beyond for emergencies very early with rogues.

Holy fug. I just looked this up - and it makes you untargetable twice a fight for 10 seconds? WTF? That seems over-powered and seems to completely solve Rogue survivability issue? Or am I missing something?

Edit: Can you also suggest other "oh sheet" buttons for the other characters that are this strong?

Edit 2: Okay, it's per rest. Still very powerful!

Edited by Lampros

If you take Fast Runenr you can usually just run away once you get targeted. Enemies don't follow for long if you are faster than they are. And with Shot on the Run you can shoot while running (well, not really, but you can recover quickly while running, stand for a sec, shoot, and run again).

Another ability as "oh crap button" would be Escape - or Coordinated Positioning. Although I have the experience that those don't work too well with really squishy rogues. Even though they are instant or fast casts you still have recovery after your attack - before you can escape. Usually you get attacked while there's still recovery left, you get interrupted and again interrupted - you are dead. Running away with higher moe speed always works (unless you are disabled).

A geat thing is the Cape of the Master Mystic. It comes in mid game and will turn you invisible instantly once you receive a crit. And a backline rogue nearly always receives crits if he gets attacked. This really saves lives!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

If you take a priest, check out Withdraw. It is a level 1 spell. There are already some powerful interactions involving it with other class/equipments.

Yup; I have been abusing Withdraw since I read about it yesterday! ;)

If you take Fast Runenr you can usually just run away once you get targeted. Enemies don't follow for long if you are faster than they are. And with Shot on the Run you can shoot while running (well, not really, but you can recover quickly while running, stand for a sec, shoot, and run again).

Another ability as "oh crap button" would be Escape - or Coordinated Positioning. Although I have the experience that those don't work too well with really squishy rogues. Even though they are instant or fast casts you still have recovery after your attack - before you can escape. Usually you get attacked while there's still recovery left, you get interrupted and again interrupted - you are dead. Running away with higher moe speed always works (unless you are disabled).

A geat thing is the Cape of the Master Mystic. It comes in mid game and will turn you invisible instantly once you receive a crit. And a backline rogue nearly always receives crits if he gets attacked. This really saves lives!

Thanks; I will look up those skills.

But what do you mean by "a backline rogue nearly always receives crits if he gets attacked"? Is it because he is focused down or because there is an aspect of him that makes him more susceptible to crits?

It's because usually he has crappy deflection (because he concentrates on dealing damage and not on defenses) and because he's a rogue. Rogues really have terrible starting values for a martial class (except accuracy).

• Like 1

Ya I always take defensive "cool downs" meaning per test abilities for soft back liners. It's usually only one or 2 talents and classses like rogues and spell casters have inate abilities built into the class that helps with accuracy. So it doesn't have to be 100% offensive talents. And with no aggro in the game I highly suggest it. Naturally high or helped with the extra ACC spells means these classes don't have to be totally offensive (90% offense and one emergency button works).Plus I usually have Zealous Focus or Gallants Focus to help with ACC.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.