I have always had trouble playing a Bleak Walker in the RP aspect.  Once the event happens to him at the start of the game why would he take ANY side quests.  By nature dont Bleak Walkers want to end things ASAP.  Granted he was not contracted for the main events in the game so maybe in that sense.  He wants to end the legacy but still has his duty if contracted?  I just think innately the guy/girl because of the way they operate would stop at nothing and take no side paths to ending the legacy.

Lastly, all the Cruel options (for the most part) are down right just evil for no reason...I dont think thats the flavor of a Bleak Walker.  Granted he CAN be and no one in his order would care but I dont think they would just murder a caravan for no apparent reason....just if he was hired to do so.  I think a Bleak Walker should play more like The Punisher with a little bit less good guy tendencys as hes essentially a mercenary...that will never deviate once given the original contract no matter what the employer says...but like i said most of the cruel options are just plain **** for no apparent reason.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I have always had trouble playing a Bleak Walker in the RP aspect.

Sigh, I can't RP as paladin at all. 

I think a Bleak Walker should play more like The Punisher with a little bit less good guy tendencys as hes essentially a mercenary...that will never deviate once given the original contract no matter what the employer says...but like i said most of the cruel options are just plain **** for no apparent reason.

Bleak Walkers are marked with Cruel and Aggressive dispositions.

And cruelty is "indifference to suffering and pleasure in inflicting suffering".

A Punisher would inflict suffering if there is something to punish for. Bleak Walker would do it, just because he can.

As a mercenary he will oblige his contract, but mostly because there can be quite unpleasant consequences; and not because he is really that determined. Unless... things start to get personal, and there is vengeance or hate at hand.

P.S. Don't take this as the ultimate truth. I just see it that way.

Edited by MaxQuest

I have always had trouble playing a Bleak Walker in the RP aspect.

Sigh, I can't RP as paladin at all.

I think a Bleak Walker should play more like The Punisher with a little bit less good guy tendencys as hes essentially a mercenary...that will never deviate once given the original contract no matter what the employer says...but like i said most of the cruel options are just plain **** for no apparent reason.

Bleak Walkers are marked with Cruel and Aggressive dispositions.

And cruelty is "indifference to suffering and pleasure in inflicting suffering".

A Punisher would inflict suffering if there is something to punish for. Bleak Walker would do it, just because he can.

As a mercenary he will oblige his contract, but mostly because there can be quite unpleasant consequences; and not because he is really that determined. Unless... things start to get personal, and there is vengeance or hate at hand.

P.S. Don't take this as the ultimate truth. I just see it that way.

Why the trouble with the RP max?

And ya that's a good interpretation for sure but I guess some of the Paladin orders are open for interpretation as we don't know that much about them (except Kind Wayfarers It's straight forward).

Have gun will travel.

Why the trouble with the RP max?

I feel like the character's persona should in essence a better me. I need to like the character in order to enjoy playing him.

Any kind of zealotry, rage, indiscriminate cruelty is a red flag. 

So far out of my MCs 3 out of 3 were ciphers. I could consider rolling a wizard, monk, druid or rogue, but that's about all.

• Like 1

A mercenary who will not deviate from a contract sounds more like a Goldpact Knight to me. The way I see it, the Bleakwalker would accept sidequests because they need funds to accomplish their main goal.Also at the start of the game your character does not know that the legacy and the leaden key's actions are linked, the character is instructed to maerwald in order to help themselves, so ending the legacy would not be your character's goal right out of the gate.

A mercenary who will not deviate from a contract sounds more like a Goldpact Knight to me. The way I see it, the Bleakwalker would accept sidequests because they need funds to accomplish their main goal.Also at the start of the game your character does not know that the legacy and the leaden key's actions are linked, the character is instructed to maerwald in order to help themselves, so ending the legacy would not be your character's goal right out of the gate.

Well a gold pact knight would deviate so long as his employer tells him that the terms of the contract have changed. Says it in their description. A bleak walker would not. A Goldpact Knights loyalty is to the employer and that loyalty is sealed with money. A bleak walkers only loyalty is to ending a conflict as soon as possible. That's how I take it by the in game explanations.

And you are right in the terms of how the story unravels it's not immediate.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.