Stuck at discard prompt

tomchick

Question

I'm stuck being told to discard 1 card. However, no one can discard a card, either from her hand or her deck. What happened is that I use Kyra to cast mend on Seelah. Seelah discarded a weapon so she could get the Glaive out of her discard pile. However, even though I'm pretty sure the weapon has been discarded, I'm still being told to discard a card. I can't, and furthermore I can't retrieve the Glaive. I've poked around checking to see whether anyone else is eligible for a discard, but to no avail. I even backed out of the game, shut down the program, restarted it, and hit continue, but I'm still stuck at the same place. Which makes sense, because otherwise you could get around a bad card by quitting out.

Unfortunately, I'm at an impasse.

This is both on the iOS version and the PC version, under the Asmodee account tomwchick #2817.

11 answers to this question

I'm stuck being told to discard 1 card. However, no one can discard a card, either from her hand or her deck. What happened is that I use Kyra to cast mend on Seelah. Seelah discarded a weapon so she could get the Glaive out of her discard pile. However, even though I'm pretty sure the weapon has been discarded, I'm still being told to discard a card. I can't, and furthermore I can't retrieve the Glaive. I've poked around checking to see whether anyone else is eligible for a discard, but to no avail. I even backed out of the game, shut down the program, restarted it, and hit continue, but I'm still stuck at the same place. Which makes sense, because otherwise you could get around a bad card by quitting out.

Unfortunately, I'm at an impasse.

This is both on the iOS version and the PC version, under the Asmodee account tomwchick #2817.

Hi there tomchick,

I progressed your party so that you won the scenario. Sorry about that progression break, I've filed a bug report to our QA so that should be fixed in the next patch.

If you encounter that issue again or any other problems please let me know :)

I'm having the same problem. playing the tutorial Kyra cast mend on herself, discarded a quarterstaff, only available weapon to replace it with is a mace, it has a green border like I can interact with it, but selecting it just makes it bigger, no clickable option to the right. ending task and continuing returns to the same state. progress is stuck at this point. I guess I can just skip the rest of the tutorial, but I thought I'd mention it is still happening.

thanks, fun game so far.

I have the same problem. It is sometimes possible to cancel whole action and retry to do it. Then you're able to move a card from discard pile. Unfortunately sometimes you cannot cancel (especially if it's a card played by other character). We also need a button that retrieves a highlited card from the discard pile.

I'm having the same problem. I was required to discard an item card, but I can't scroll left or right to get to the type of cards I need to dispose of and I can't exit the game or restart the level. I've stopped playing entirely because the game is eternally stuck

I'm having the same problem. I was required to discard an item card, but I can't scroll left or right to get to the type of cards I need to dispose of and I can't exit the game or restart the level. I've stopped playing entirely because the game is eternally stuck

Er, if one of the developers could break me out of my scenario so I can play the game again, I'd be appreciative.

Er, if one of the developers could break me out of my scenario so I can play the game again, I'd be appreciative.

Discotek, you need to contact Obsidian Support through e-mail. Maybe some customer support employee will check this forum, but I don't think it will be very often (if at all). You also need to send them your PFID number (long hexadecimal number in Options) and probably the device you are playing at (Steam, Android, iPhone). Without PFID, they cannot know which account is yours!

I have also heard somewhere in this forum that sometimes, the display mode (Tablet / Phone mode) can cause you not to be able to pull something from discard - some graphical glitch, I suppose. So you may try to switch this mode to see if it will help.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Discotek, you need to contact Obsidian Support through e-mail. Maybe some customer support employee will check this forum, but I don't think it will be very often (if at all). You also need to send them your PFID number (long hexadecimal number in Options) and probably the device you are playing at (Steam, Android, iPhone). Without PFID, they cannot know which account is yours!

I have also heard somewhere in this forum that sometimes, the display mode (Tablet / Phone mode) can cause you not to be able to pull something from discard - some graphical glitch, I suppose. So you may try to switch this mode to see if it will help.

Good luck!

I've been playing from my desktop PC, so I don't think it's a display mode but thx for the advice.

DL

Auuuugh!

I was able to start a second game to allow me to play again and the bug happened AGAIN and now my second game is also locked, preventing me from continuing!!!  The problem is I'm defeated by a goblin raider which requires me to bury a weapon or item from my discard BUT the discard deck isn't *showing* me an item or weapon and I cannot scroll left or right to find one.  It traps the game in an inescapable "you must do this, but you cannot" loop.

This is a serious bug.

DL

Please send the information to support@obsidian.net or use the form found at the bottom of this page - https://support.obsidian.net/article/12-looking-for-help-on-our-older-games

to increase the visibility to your problem (posting here might get your issue seen by a developer, sending a request to support should be seen by someone and forwarded to someone who can assist).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man