Trial of Iron last save question

Apologies if this has been previously addressed, but not having much luck with the search function. Currently am playing Trial of Iron and have reached the point where I can enter the Pit, though I have a few outstanding character questlines and all of the White March to go.

I understand that Trial of Iron mode only allows one save game, and have read that in this mode, the final pre-Pit autosave before the endgame is overwritten during the course of finishing the game in the dungeons below.

But most of this information is from posts dated 2015, so wondering--Is this still the case, that is, if I want to play White March or other unfinished content with my Trial of Iron party, should I plan on doing so before jumping in?

Thanks very much for anyone who can help me with this. I would very much like to complete the main storyline before playing the expansion.

I bet this is still the case.

So if you want to do WM with that party, either do it before jumping into the pit; or make pre-pit save, copy-paste it to another location, do the pit content, then bring that save back.

Thanks! That's an excellent idea about copy/paste. Much appreciated.

Edit: Actually, since Trial of Iron overwrites its save when you exit the game, don't think there's any way to copy/paste. If anybody has any further suggestions, they're very welcome.

Edited by One2Many

In trial of Iron mode, once you jumped inside the pit, you cannot go back because it will not generate automatically the savegame "Burial Isle (PRE-ENGAME)" as it usually does when you are not on Trial of Iron mode.

Hope this helps.