Nightdive Studios and remasters

Katphood

You probably know of these guys, they remastered games such as Turok, System Shock, Shadowman, Strife, I Have No Mouth and I must Scream...

Are there any games you would like to see them remaster and what do think of what they have done so far with old games and remasters.

These are the games I would love to see on steam someday, remastered by none other than Nightdive Studios:

Nocturne
The Blair Witch Trilogy
O.D.T
Dark Earth
Time Commando
Fatal Racing
Incubation(Battle Isle)
Kiss: Psycho Circus
Alien Trilogy
Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Battletoads.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No One Lives Forever

• Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

No One Lives Forever

This, plus the second game.

Also, Return to Castle Wolfenstein.  That game was so good.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, I don't know the details, but I've heard rumblings that NOLF is stuck in some kind of IP trademark hell.  It's a shame because it's a couple of amazing games that really should be made available for a new generation of players to enjoy.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It was strongly implied that ND couldn't get anyone to even check that they owned the NOLF rights. So they went for the trademark (which is pretty cheap to apply for) to see who if anyone would block them. IIRC it was Warners, and they were sufficiently unhappy about that approach that there's no chance of ND getting the rights- and odd as it may seem something like System Shock being successfully relaunched makes it less likely that the rights would be sold outright, at least. There have been rumours of GOG working on NOLF compatibility but I'd be sceptical of that until there's better evidence that isn't basically wishful thinking.

So WB are basically just sitting on the IP, holding it hostage, doing nothing with it, not letting anyone negotiate a deal to use it, out of...  spite?  I mean, that does sound like something they would do.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Clive Barkers Undying, the original Rayman, Spider (it was a ps1 exclusive, a remaster would be nice on pc), Gex series.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So WB are basically just sitting on the IP, holding it hostage, doing nothing with it, not letting anyone negotiate a deal to use it, out of...  spite?  I mean, that does sound like something they would do.

That's not necessarily the case- all we know is WB challenged the trademark filing at the USPTO and ND withdrew it. The potential problems with the developer and publisher being bought by different entities (Monolith--> WB; Fox--> Vivendi--> Activision) and the IP maybe being split and hence difficult to re-release as a consequence still exists, all that is now known is that WB claims part of it. They still may or may not own all of it, and may or may not be willing to license to someone.

To be fair to Warners they're a massive company, if some no name was asking for information on an obscure and not particularly successful game from the early 2000s not treating it seriously is understandable; as is getting annoyed when they decide to fish for a response. The group that Night Dive dealt with over System Shock was a bank/ insurer (Meadowbrook Bank/ Star Insurance) used to selling off seized collateral by the nature of their business.

Edited by Zoraptor