Hearthstone

Hi y'all!

I haven't seen any thread about this lovely little game, so I'll go ahead right now and start one.

Like 1.5 yrs ago, my son introduced me to it. He's a teenager, and extremely good at it, among the very best on the EU server. We've always loved playing cards in the family, so I took it up, to be a something of an ever-losing sparring partner to him, and we've had so much fun.

It's easy to learn, but very hard to master.

I've started to play more ranked this year, and got tired of the rather stale meta in the Standard format, so I dove into the Wild format, where all the cards ever released are included, so it's harder to predict your opponents' decks.

This month, when I reached lvl 5, which is usually my goal, I decided to bite the bullet and try to reach legend, and lo' and behold, I actually did.

I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I've had with this little mobile-device-friendly card game. Are there any peeps here playing it? If you aren't, try it out, it's great fun. :)

My favourite class is the Warlock class, which I reached 500 ranked wins with this season, but it was Warrior that in the end made me a HS legend this month.

Here are some screenshots:

eMlLcl.png

v20WK1.png

YOIISF.png

5jukky.png

nGglL9.png

So close, here my daughter was cheering me on, heh! :grin:

PjK4Ud.png

And yay, I did it! We got to see fireworks and all, and my current rank on the EU server:

BUj624.png

And you unlock a special bragging rights card back too (which my son got scarily early on):

U4r48r.png

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Congrats on Legend! :)

Highest I have achieved so far was rank 2. Ehh, I find the 5-1 climbing a bit grindy)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Congrats on Legend! :)

Highest I have achieved so far was rank 2. Ehh, I find the 5-1 climbing a bit grindy)

Yeah, so I've noticed! For anyone out there ready to try 5-L out, brace yourselves for quite a few frustrating moments, since there is no bonus for a winstreak, and you can easily drop like 5 stars in a row, despite you're playing at your best. Also, get to know your meta and your counters in the early game.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***