Was anybody else sort of disappointed with POE combat animations. Specially melee combat. I heard developers mentioning there will be more animators working in POE2, but I I haven't heard that they will focus on combat.

I would like it to feel more weighty and physical and with more leg movement (fighters seem quite static). It would have been good if blows landed with strength pushing fighter backs, if weapons would crash against shields, dodging was more dynamic and realiric, fighter would sometimes looses balance and fall or recover at last time. Also critical hits could be improved. Nothing to exagerated, just piercing and slashing weapons entering the enemy flesh, impact weapons landing in the head or another vulnerable part directly and with weight.

I don't know what other people think about it.

Edited by Aleh1811

They did show a number of combat situations in their teaser videos for Deadfire. Feargus also explicitly mentioned their adding a dodge animation for attacks that miss the target, and improving animations in general so that they'd show every hit you take (even if in rapid succession.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

For a crit I wouldn't make the screen red. Maybe some blood from the character, an easy to identify animation, something that transmit the impression of more damage or a hit that has not been properly blocked or defended.

Edited by Aleh1811